What did you fly today?

Maxime

Cool shot! Where was this? I like the trees in there!

Thanks. Actually I am posting the video of this flight probably this weekend. I am in the process of completing my flight plan for the Iditarod 2013 from Anchorage to Nome Alaska. I took this screenshot just after the ROHN checkpoint in Rainy Pass. The main aspect of this is that I am flying a very complicated flight plan without the use of a FMS computer in the aircraft by using AirTrack App on my iPad linked through my WIFI to XP-10. The iPad provides all of the updates to the GPS in the Cessna 172 and guides it through the mountain ranges and valleys of the Iditarod Trail to follow the exact path of the dogsleds, which themselves are actually equipted with GPS devices and available for tracking. Probably a lot more than you wanted to know, but this screenshot is part of my new video I am making for the full flight plan.You can see the old video which is controlled through my iPhone in YouTube but the current one is still in process. I am not sure if I am allowed to provide the YouTube link here so i will just post a pic of the flight plan of this portion where I flew my Cessna 172 in Rainy Pass.

post-9520-0-62109400-1357364030_thumb.jp

Edited by zymurg