Some news about 10.25 from Ben

FloB

It depends ... if you are interested in DSF re-cuts, especially my upcoming HD Mesh Scenery v2 (in about 4-6 weeks), then you might be interested in 10.25 (as its a prerequisite) ...

Hey, Andras,

Forgive my ignorance here...but how much coverage will be in this V2 cut in 4-6 weeks?

It depends ... if you are interested in DSF re-cuts, especially my upcoming HD Mesh Scenery v2 (in about 4-6 weeks), then you might be interested in 10.25 (as its a prerequisite) ...

No, I'm interested in new features regarding some engine parameters we talked about with Austin, as well as other things ... not really ground textures

Hey, Andras,

Forgive my ignorance here...but how much coverage will be in this V2 cut in 4-6 weeks?

Hi Cameron,

I have listed it some time ago here ;)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/5341-x-plane-10-hd-mesh-v2-preview/

Effectively (to bring it up to date), I expect to cover this:

• USA (complete)
  • Canada (I think everything south of 60N ... the rest I will decide on case-by-case basis)
  • Alaska
  • Europe (complete)

And this will bring us already somewhere around 60-80 GBytes I think ....

Edited by alpilotx
  • Upvote 1

I am planning to release it all at once (more or less ... I hope more)  .... at least thats my current plan.

But neither is this a small/easy thing - as you can imagine - which includes many hundred hours of computation time and also managing the roll out itself is not simple (bringing 60-80 Gbytes on the net is still not a trivial task).

• Upvote 1

• USA (complete)
  • Canada (I think everything south of 60N ... the rest I will decide on case-by-case basis)
  • Alaska
  • Europe (complete)

Can I ask for South America ? 

Gracias

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Hi Cameron,

I have listed it some time ago here ;)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/5341-x-plane-10-hd-mesh-v2-preview/

• USA (complete)
  • Alaska
  • Europe (complete)

Hi altpilotx

Since you know a lot about scenery and textures, do you think it would be possible in future to have a complete world-coverage of "scenerys", that means also for areas north of N60 and around the Northpol? It hasn't to be necessary high-resolution, but it would be very cool having scenerys when flying there (for example for flights beetween Anchorage and Europe).

Thanks and cheers

F.

About South America: well, there are two important aspects here.

• First, it adds to the already extreme amount of scenery I try to distribute here (remember, that the announced coverage will already wigh in around 60-80 Gbytes!) ... South America would for sure add another 20-40 Gbytes.
  • Second, yes, there is a data "problem" with South America : I do not have higher resolution, good quality landclass data for that region (until now) ... only the - for now - standard 300m res data I use worldwide (where I have no better data). Whereas Europe/USA/Alaska/(and from now on) Canada do all have good, highres landclass data. Now, of course its possible to do the HD mesh with low res landclass data too, its just that it makes much much less nice difference (and improvements) there ... also the OSM data - until now - is not at a level like in the above regions (again, much, better, etc. OSM data also helps to improve things).

For this reason, I would NOT promise anything about South America. BUT, this doesn't mean that - like always - I don't continue to look for possible improvements! And when I find something which is worth the efforts, I will let you know (but at least until now, there is nothing to "talk" about) ...

Edited by alpilotx

Hi altpilotx

Since you know a lot about scenery and textures, do you think it would be possible in future to have a complete world-coverage of "scenerys", that means also for areas north of N60 and around the Northpol? It hasn't to be necessary high-resolution, but it would be very cool having scenerys when flying there (for example for flights beetween Anchorage and Europe).

Thanks and cheers

F.

We do already go up to over 70N (Norway is completely covered and Alsaka too). This will be the case with my HD Mesh Scenery v2 too ... only in Canada I might be a bit selective, as there is a wast, extensive area north of 60N, which has not so much details and wouldn't profit much from HD Mesh.

And about polar regions, no, I don#t have to extend up there ... and also the scenery engine - using a classic "WGS84 Geographic Lat/Lon" - would have quite some trouble the closer you come to the poles (which you can easily imagine, if you know a little bit about projection systems :) )

We do already go up to over 70N (Norway is completely covered and Alsaka too). This will be the case with my HD Mesh Scenery v2 too ... only in Canada I might be a bit selective, as there is a wast, extensive area north of 60N, which has not so much details and wouldn't profit much from HD Mesh.

And about polar regions, no, I don#t have to extend up there ... and also the scenery engine - using a classic "WGS84 Geographic Lat/Lon" - would have quite some trouble the closer you come to the poles (which you can easily imagine, if you know a little bit about projection systems :) )

Sorry i meant north of N70 and not 60 of course. Ok so it has to do with the projection systems, yes, this is understandable now...

In fact X-Plane should be able to deal with the polar-projection-grid to show it at the right place, perhaps this will be once possible, would be nice ;-)

Edited by frankbyte