Can't update to x-plane 10.10 RC 3

Jordan P.

Hello, Remlap

Are you trying to use the X-Plane 10 installer/updater while logged into a different user account from the user account originally used to install X-Plane 10?? This could prevent X-Plane 10 from accessing certain user specific files on your PC.

If so, Then try using the Installer/updater while logged in as administrator.

Let me know how you get on. :)

• 4 months later...

I've had a problem yesterday trying to update to 10.20rc1.

Tryed a lot of possible fixes and nothing worked. Even did a repair, removed addons, no luck, but then, when i was almost ready to unnistall/reinstall, i found the way to fix. But mine was because my system is in Portuguese, i changed Windows language to English and then the update worked  :)

Should I take Portuguese lessons?? :)

Only if you want to update X-Plane!  :lol:

Guess by your location...your X-Plane is in English right? So thats no the problem. If you have something like the OP, then best bet is to use the admin account, you may also right click X-Plane 10 folder, properties, security and check if the folder have all the privileges needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed X-Plane 10.0 on my new PC (wndows 8) I cannot update the program either using windows installer or via the about x=plane  which shows cannot connect to internet Also on the weather I cannot update real weather> It looks like x=plane cannot connect to internet> Can anyone help please.

I just installed X-Plane 10.0 on my new PC (wndows 8) I cannot update the program either using windows installer or via the about x=plane  which shows cannot connect to internet Also on the weather I cannot update real weather> It looks like x=plane cannot connect to internet> Can anyone help please.

If you've just installed straight from the DVD, you may want to be sure you downloaded and installed using the following: http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/dvd-installation/