Boeing 747-200

Goran_M

• 2 months later...

I was in Lelystad, the Netherlands at the museum they have there. They have a donated 747-200 from KLM there. Beautiful aircraft, they decided to treat the visitors by flicking the test switch so all the annunciators where function!

So nice, great to see you are modeling the 747-200!

X-Plane has enough GAs.... Not enough heavies!

I wholeheartedly agree! However, quantity rarely goes hand in hand with quality... There aren't that much "flyable" GA planes, as one could think and still there are more than a couple of bush/GA classics and icons, that could and should be made :) I've made that remark, because helicopters fall behind everything else, even in a category of quantity.

Regardless of my small plane preferences, I'm also waiting for The Jumbo, with one word on my mind, and I'm sure that anyone awaiting it, thinks of it also.

Kai Tak.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think you can say "not to be a smart ass but thats two words". Pointing out the deficiencies of the previous post automatically makes you a smart ass, even if you deny it. And I note that it is not only two words but six letters.

Kai Tak is named after two businessmen, Sir Ho Kai and Mr. Au Tak, who were involved in a company formed to reclaim land in Kowloon Bay for a residential housing scheme. The Company, unfortunately, failed and the reclaimed land was left vacant. The suitability of using this land as an airfield was recognized and the first recorded flight from Kai Tak took place on Lunar New Year's Day in 1925.

Now that is real smart assery.

I dont think you can say "not to be a smart ass but thats two words". Pointing out the deficiencies of the previous post automatically makes you a smart ass, even if you deny it. And I note that it is not only two words but six letters.

Kai Tak is named after two businessmen, Sir Ho Kai and Mr. Au Tak, who were involved in a company formed to reclaim land in Kowloon Bay for a residential housing scheme. The Company, unfortunately, failed and the reclaimed land was left vacant. The suitability of using this land as an airfield was recognized and the first recorded flight from Kai Tak took place on Lunar New Year's Day in 1925.

Now that is real smart assery.

Did you really just take that as far as you did? Really?

• 2 weeks later...

Are we allowed to know about current progress, a approximate date of release, or does that bring further disapproval?

No problem with that at all.

Goran and Theo will update the thread accordingly when they have new info. I can tell you the 747 is definitely not part of the 2010 release schedule.

Yep, sorry about that, its supposed to be humour. I see i've been demoted karmatically.

Are we allowed to know about current progress, a approximate date of release, or does that bring further disapproval?

Not much to mention regarding the progress of the 747's.  Theo and myself have been extremely busy working on the Saab for the last couple of months.  Once it's done, we're both taking a 1 week break and then we'll dive into the 747 stuff.  I originally wanted the 747-200 ready by end of this year, but we decided to finish the Saab first. 

We're hoping the 747 will be ready some time in the next 6-9 months.  We'll post some more work in progress screenshots in the coming weeks/months.

Can we presume that this plane will be released for v10 now?

btw your previous screen name was so much cooler

Whether or not it's for V10 only or both V10 and V9 depends on how many people will prefer to stay with V9.  From what I have heard, it will be much easier to migrate V9 to V10 but not so easy the other way around, so it might be best if we do it for V9 first and then migrate.

Might change my screen name back.  Or I might find a cooler one.  We'll see.  The avatar will definitely stay!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Found a couple of texture screenshots from Blender that Theo sent me. 

These were done a few months ago, just not posted.

picture70.th.png

picture71o.th.png

Looks beautiful! I think there's a few typos on the texture though; the panel between the throttles and the inertial navigation unit say "Climb/Decend", which should be 'descend', and there's a reference to 'alerion' trim on the trim panel at the rear of the pedestal. Yep I know it's WIP...

Found a couple of texture screenshots from Blender that Theo sent me. 

These were done a few months ago, just not posted.

picture70.th.png

picture71o.th.png

Looks beautiful! I think there's a few typos on the texture though; the panel between the throttles and the inertial navigation unit say "Climb/Decend", which should be 'descend', and there's a reference to 'alerion' trim on the trim panel at the rear of the pedestal. Yep I know it's WIP...

I knew there was a reason I didn't post them a few months ago.

But yes, as you say, it's still very early WIP.