Any news, please? July 2024.

Greetings from Grand Rapids, MI.  Your query regarding the MU-2 caught my eye in that it is the only aircraft I am currently flying in XP12.  It is the TOGA MU-2 and I fly it with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo in addition to the Octavi IFR-1.  A great airplane to fly (...plus I have a fellow CFI-I who has over 900 hrs in a full scale MU-2B-25).  Don't know if I can help, but I'm willing to try.

Same here. My favorite Plane in XP12. There are a few Bugs but nothing that made it unusable.

cfirandy. I also use Alpha and Bravo and was thinking about the Octavi IFR-1. What Functions you are using with the Octavi IFR-1? AP Functions are almost done with the Bravo.

• Like 1

Hi 'meierzwo'...sounds like we have rather similar systems/interests ;)   As I'm sure you know, there are several 'duplicated' functions that are available via the Bravo and Octavi.  What I've come to realize is that given the duplicity, I seem to have developed a system flow where I use various functions of each to coordinate my 'flights system management'.  For example, flying the MU-2, even though I have the option to control Vertical Speed via the Bravo, I simply press the "AP" button on the Octavi and control not only my VS (...small knob) but rather the chosen altitude I wish to climb/descent to (...large knob) and use the Bravo to control HDG, NAV and APR.

Hope all this makes sense ;)

• Like 1

Yes, makes sense. If I purchase it, I think it will be very useful for the Com Settings too. Dialing in the Frequencies with the Mouse even on the Pop Out Screen is not what I like very much. And I didn't count how often I had the left Rotary Switch in the wrong Position when trying to change Heading, Altitude or VS with the Bravo. ;)
I painted the small Indicator on the Knob in white but it happens recently.
And changing the Values with the right Rotary Knob has a tendency to overshoot.

Do you use the Octavi with the plug-in only or with MobiFlight too?

Hi friend..so I have a  question:  Most (…if not all) of my flight sim flying history has involved flights less than 12,ooo’ mSL.  However, yesterday I attempted to ‘fly the MU-2 on a long cross country from Michigan to Alabama.  I was attempting to go to fL 20,000, however, shortly after passing 15,000 the whole XP12 computer screen started to slowly black out.  When this happened I realized for the first time that XP or the MU-2 app was illustrating a hypoxia “black out” condition because of either a) lack of supplemental oxygen or b) failure to adjust the cockpit pressurization.  Q: Have you experienced this and if so, how did you correct it?  Thanks in advance..  Randy

The MU-2 has a pressurized Cabin. To adjust the Cabin Pressure look at the Copilots Side, the Instruments underneath the Yoke. At the Air Cond Panel there are Bleed Air at the left and Cabin Temperature at the right. Temperature is on Auto. In XP, Passengers couldn't complain. :D The rest of the Controls on the Air Cond Panel are in Default Position.
For Take Off, Engine Start and Shutdown, set Bleed Air to Off. After Take Off and in stable Climb, set Bleed Air to Both. In case of a lost Engine, set Bleed Air to the running Engine. You need Bleed Air On for the Cabin Pressure.
The Instrument in the Middle is the Control for the Cabin Pressure. With the Cabin Alt Knob on the right Side, you set your Cabin Altitude. If you go over 12000 feet, set your Cabin Pressure to 10000. The Instruments on the right shows your Cabin Pressure, the Difference between Cabin and Outside Pressure and how fast the Cabin Pressure is changing if you set a new Pressure.

For Example. My longer Flights are mostly at a Altitude of 15000 Feet. Bleed Air is Off until I reach a Altitude between 3000 and 5000 Feet. You can switch it On earlier but for Take Off, you will Full Power. Now I also set the Cabin Pressure to 10000 Feet. That's all.
For Descent, I slowly set the Cabin Pressure back after reaching 10000 Feet. Set it at least to 1000 Feet above Airport Altitude. Before reaching Final Approach, I depressurize the Cabin - Cabin Altitude to 0.  It may not be the correct Procedure for real Life Operations, but my Passengers are very brave and silent. :rolleyes:

If you forget to set Cabin Pressure and going to High, there will be a Master Caution Warning and an Indication Light at the Annunciation Panel.

blead-air.jpg

Quite familiar with all the Air Cond and Pressurization instrumentation but greatly appreciate your in depth explanation and your example.  If you're interested, I'd like to send you a pdf copy of the actual wording contained within the real POH on the subject.  Email me at <randy.passeno@gmail.com> and I'll do just that.

Now, I'm going to attempt another flight using your recommendations ;)

• Like 1

Sorry for quietness....the MU2 has been sitting at 95%+ done for the next update for a while.  I decided last second to tweak the EGTs so as to have a proper crossover from Torque Limited to Temp limited at altitude...and that set off a round of flight testing I need to wrap up.    The summer has just been packed full of activities, not all fun, lots of travel and its been a challenge to find blocks of time.  Oshkosh is next week and is my last big activity for the year, so in speaking with Cameron, I plan to wrap up this update asap right after.   ...and on a hopefully good note,  XP12 new weather radar finally drops in 12.2 so I'll be squeezing that into the OEM variants, which along with the EGT will round out my "not done yet" list for the major features and I can then start messing about with improving the performance, systems accuracy and adding more liveries.

-TK

• Like 4