Project 3

Goran_M

Here's the first textured screenshot of part of the panel.  We're only showing a small portion of it as we are still working on the modeling and texturing for the rest of it.  I'm adding small, subtle details that were not there in the previous 3d model and Theo is adding more details in the texturing.  We're going hammer and tongs on this one as we want to get it finished asap.  Looking at everything we need to do, we expect (and HOPE) it to be done in the next 2 months.  

As always, comments and feedback welcome.

SaabPilotViewRender.jpg

The more we work on the Saab, the more we really want to get it done! We have some cool plans for this little plane. As Goran said, you should expect to see all the technologies in the Duchess and even more get into the Saab 340.

Beautiful, just beautiful! Thanks guys!

What type of artificial horizon will be used? There are two screenshots of two different ones. By the way, your product looks great.

I think you're talking about the airspeed indicator.  There is a main ASI to the left of the pilots displays and there is a standby ASI under the artificial horizon

Goran

The Saab I modeled is the one that is used in the POH.  All panel jpegs are imported into Blender and modeled accordingly.  Then we use photos I was able to get of a Saab panel to make sure everything is there and that is then textured accordingly.  I wasn't able to get into an actual cockpit but I know a Saab 340 pilot who was able to get me a whole bunch of photos.

Thanks Mike but we have the AOM which has over 3500 pages.  The manuals on smartcockpit are cut down versions of the original.

Yes, sorry, I knew that you guys would have the detailed manual.

The link was to provide the basics for those who are not sure about main and standby instruments and their locations etc.

Thanks Mike but we have the AOM which has over 3500 pages.  The manuals on smartcockpit are cut down versions of the original.

Yes, sorry, I knew that you guys would have the detailed manual.

The link was to provide the basics for those who are not sure about main and standby instruments and their locations etc.

No probz, Mikester