On a second leg, when inserting TRIP FL at PERF INIT page, gizmo crashes

vinileite

18 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the report!

I will try to recreate this so we can find and fix it - do you happen to have a screenshot of the error message or the GizmoLog.txt file?

Thanks, Jan

Jan, where i can find Gizmo Log's? It's inside XP root folder? I can't find any gizmo log file to upload, but i'm attaching an screenshot with my XP's log file here to a better look or understanding into this:

image.thumb.png.6c10eff6a2689b58fa20b80e252e376a.png 

PS: This aircraft is a masterpiece, Jan! Here in Brazil we have some still flying for freighter logistics contracts, but they are slowly being replaced by the NGs BCF. :(

Log.txt

Thanks for the screenshot and the log.txt. Ben is right, the error can be found in the log.txt - this will help in finding and fixing the problem.

Greetings to Brazil, I fly to SBGR once in a while, but I would imagine that the classic 737´s hang out in Viracopos?

Bom dia, Jan

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:40 PM, vinileite said:

On a second leg

Do you mean a second flight?   after landing and then putting new information into the CDU? for a next flight (2nd leg?)    Or literally "the 2nd leg of a flight plan route you are currently flying"?

Thx.

• Upvote 1

I have tried to replicate this problem - but was not successfull. For me this works as expected (no error).

Since you are the only one reporting this so far, there is the chance that you do something very unique to trigger this error, I doubt that it is interference from another plugin (although flywithlua and volanta are known to cause problems sometimes).

If we can not get to the bottom of this, one solution would be to trigger the "reboot gizmo" function (right-side pop-out menu, the small "flash" symbol) to reset the logic for the second and subsequent flight...

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, Litjan said:

I have tried to replicate this problem - but was not successfull. For me this works as expected (no error).

Since you are the only one reporting this so far, there is the chance that you do something very unique to trigger this error, I doubt that it is interference from another plugin (although flywithlua and volanta are known to cause problems sometimes).

If we can not get to the bottom of this, one solution would be to trigger the "reboot gizmo" function (right-side pop-out menu, the small "flash" symbol) to reset the logic for the second and subsequent flight...

Cheers, Jan

Hmmm, good to know about Volanta interference.

No problems, Jan! Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the report - I am still trying to replicate it.

The gizmo problem said: Number expected, boolean received or something to that effect. Do you remember what you entered for cruise flight level? Did you enter FL240 or was there maybe a character still in the scratchpad (maybe a "space" that was not visible)?

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

You are entering the cruise altitude on the CLIMB page??

Can't answer for him but in my case it is in perf page and having the same issue, just made some circuits and didn't happen in this case. I don't know if it is time, distance or just the flow of the use of the code that at some point tends to brake it but it is happening a lot.

Edited by berilojr

"Can't answer for him but in my case it is in perf page and having the same issue, just made some circuits and didn't happen in this case. I don't know if it is time, distance or just the flow of the use of the code that at some point tends to brake it but it is happening a lot."

You god dam right )

Edited by dr_anthony

Ok, guys, thank you for the additional information - I will try to recreate the problem on my side so we can fix it.

For now - after you finished one flight - maybe hit the "reboot Gizmo" option (right side pop-out menu) before you start the second flight. That should help with avoid the crash.

Thanks again, Jan