Can not load weights in the FMS

Mac-man

1 hour ago, Mac-man said:

Ok, you're right. Thanks, I'll try again. I can not load weights in the FMS on the INET REF page on the Mac version of IXEG 737 Classic Plus 1.5.1 update. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Version 1.5 worked fine.

Phil

Are you set to Lbs and inputting Kgs, or vice versa?

• Like 1

@Pils probably has the solution. The FMS will limit the range of allowable input, and if you have set the 737 to use metric units (kg´s), trying to put in 100000lbs (100.0) will not work, because the maximum weight in kgs is around 60000 (60.0).

I don´t know exactly what limits we instated, but putting in a weight between empty weight and maximum allowable takeoff weight should work as long as you enter it in the units (1000s of lbs or 1000s of kgs) that you selected in the preferences menu.

Cheers, Jan

7 hours ago, Mac-man said:

It won't take any number entry.

Huh, I think this must be something obvious...what number are you trying to enter? Into which field?

I think a short video would go a long way in clearing this up.

Have you watched some of the tutorial videos available?

I was able to reproduce the issue yesterday. I couldn't enter a GW nor a ZFW. Somehow, I was to resolve the issue. I can't speak specifically to what I did but it included downloading and installing a fresh copy of the aircraft. Don't know if this'll work for y'all but it might be worth a try. I also disabled XPUIPC -- I use X-Organizer; if you don't use it you'll need to remove the XPUICP folder from plugins. I don't know if this was necessary or not.

I had chosen the non-KG option prior to, from the preference menu. Disregard the can't find preferences - I apparently suffered a brain fart when looking for the preferences menu.

https://youtu.be/9xoVBRsYAWg

Cheers,

Edited by VirtualGAaviator
  • Like 1

Look at the fuel gauges - they say KG!!!!

You are on metric system. You can change that on the PREFERENCES menu.

The values you put in are in LBS, but if you convert them to KG´s that is just too high a weight, it is out of bounds of what the FMC will accept.

What is confusing me is that I gave the EXACT solution to your problem above in the post I wrote on Monday. Did you not read it?

Edited by Litjan

Cap'n Litjan, 

Yes, I see the gauges in KG's but that's just the similar example in the prerecorded video. My gauges say lbs no matter what I put in the prefs. The fuel flow gauges to the right of them say KGPH no matter what I put in the prefs. And again I say that the FMS will not take any numbers at all on the INET REF page.

Now maybe I'm not changing the correct prefs. I select the IXEG 737 and on that page I select "Customize". From there I select "Weight, Balance, & Fuel". And then at the top right corner I select "US Customary" or "Metric". I select "Done" and "Resume Flight".

Are there other prefs that I am not aware of? In addition the fuel gauges never show the same totals that I input on the "Weight, Balance, & Fuel" pref page.

Phil

Fuel.thumb.png.5ebff60c8bb9b8bfe4022ead8cdc9d46.png

34 minutes ago, Mac-man said:

Cap'n Litjan, 

Yes, I see the gauges in KG's but that's just the similar example in the prerecorded video. My gauges say lbs no matter what I put in the prefs. The fuel flow gauges to the right of them say KGPH no matter what I put in the prefs. And again I say that the FMS will not take any numbers at all on the INET REF page.

Now maybe I'm not changing the correct prefs. I select the IXEG 737 and on that page I select "Customize". From there I select "Weight, Balance, & Fuel". And then at the top right corner I select "US Customary" or "Metric". I select "Done" and "Resume Flight".

Are there other prefs that I am not aware of? In addition the fuel gauges never show the same totals that I input on the "Weight, Balance, & Fuel" pref page.

Phil

Fuel.thumb.png.5ebff60c8bb9b8bfe4022ead8cdc9d46.png

Oh I see your problem, Move mouse to left corner screen when flight loaded,  IXEG pref pop up will show, change it in there, the one you are looking at has nothing to do with IXEG, it is XPLANe pref.

And by the way, this method has being around for long time, though many use Tablet these days,

But it does change just checked

KGS.JPG.3df67bf1bb71b499c4154de61afaa571.JPG

Edited by mjrhealth

On 10/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, Litjan said:

What is confusing me is that I gave the EXACT solution to your problem above in the post I wrote on Monday. Did you not read it?

"I'm sure it's me. It usually always is".  Also, I thought I was in lbs. Otherwise, I would have been able to figure this out.
I have no problem admitting you guys are smarter then I am :). Never the less, this thread is here in case anyone else needs it.

• Like 1