[CTD] X-Plane 12 crashes whenever I try to load the IXEG 737

Sluijsens

34 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I can not spot anything out of the ordinary in your log - except that you seem to be running very expensive and possibly very specialized server type hardware.

Hi,

and thanks for coming back on this topic!

Haha, Pils already had nearly the same "amazement" moment about the HW when I provided a log yesterday (wrt. to some CL650 problem), so I just copy&paste my answer:

Well, machine stats may look funny. It's a remotely hosted VM (https://shadow.tech/). GPU is ok, but for XP it is obviously somewhat CPU limited ;-). As I privately just use Linux/Mac I have this for some gaming on Windows now and then. Works (mostly) without having to let that OS pass my door.

So, I do not think it's a hardware problem, and the network connection should be ok, too (after all Windows/X-Plane runs "inside" a data center with quite professional connectivity). I currently do not have access to another "Windows"-Machine (as I avoid them obviously), but I would not see much hope in trying, anyways ;-)

Oh well, it is no fun to be one of "three out of several thousand" ;-)

P.S.: When I just ran the CL650 (to make sure it still works after having installed the IxEG) I had to re-activate it (probably because of the changed Gizmo-Instance that came with the IxEG). But that went fine. Just FYI.

Edited by snakem12

24 minutes ago, snakem12 said:

P.S.: When I just ran the CL650 (to make sure it still works after having installed the IxEG) I had to re-activate it (probably because of the changed Gizmo-Instance that came with the IxEG). But that went fine. Just FYI.

CL650 does not work in the same way. (Every add-on is made differently, best to avoid these kind of comparisons.)

Well, yes, they are surely different. But they all use the same Gizmo plugin, and I wonder if that is the "one of the day" (depending on what X-Aviation product was installed last) or the "highest version" seen among all products installed. As I did not monitor the Gizmo version from my previous install (the CL650), but saw that the Gizmo plugin had todays modification time on the files (from the IxEG install), I wanted to make sure the CL650 still runs with "on the other gizmo".

And, as the error explicitly mentions a problem related to DRM context, a suspicious look on the gizmo seemed sensible (the IxEG and the CL650 possibly *do* work quite similar with regards to the DRM mechanism).

So, worst case a "parallel", but no "comparison". Makes sense?

4 minutes ago, snakem12 said:

But they all use the same Gizmo plugin, and I wonder if that is the "one of the day" (depending on what X-Aviation product was installed last) or the "highest version" seen among all products installed.

There hasn't been an update to Gizmo in over 2 years. This isn't a Gizmo issue.

5 minutes ago, snakem12 said:

And, as the error explicitly mentions a problem related to DRM context, a suspicious look on the gizmo seemed sensible (the IxEG and the CL650 possibly *do* work quite similar with regards to the DRM mechanism).

Yeah.. Only in the most basic sense.

6 minutes ago, snakem12 said:

So, worst case a "parallel", but no "comparison". Makes sense?

I understand the intent to help. I'm just saying leave it to the developer from here (which isn't me or Litjan).

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Which may just be the problem in this case

I do appreciate you trying to help. But (you can not know, and I do not feel like going into details on this medium) I am professionally involved with „IT“, and that for several decades now (wooh, that feels old ,-)). So, if there is a way to measure/analyze the connection to the endpoint that the DRM wants to communicate with, I will happily cooperate (if I can find some toolchain on Windows thats up to the task, and provided the data center does not send in the cavalry for a „sniffing attack“ :D). If there is a debug logging for the plugin (more detailed than what goes to the XP log) I will try to provide that, too. I would even run it under a debugger if deemed helpful and told how (and provided that Laminar does not send in the cavalry for „reverse engineering“ :):))

Shooting in the dark will not be of real value, though. Even if it worked on another machine it would still not prove „the network“ guilty, and I have to use it on this machine, so I better cure the cause, not the symptom, anyways. Also I use that provider for two or three years now, with different payloads, and never had issues with the network (if any, my local Wifi was the cause, but that would not apply at all to the issue at hand).

Afterall the problem is the plugin *crashing*, not being unable to reach some endpoint (and if the crash is a side effect of connection problems, at least the logging is poor). Not wanting to be rude at all, but „send more logs“ and „must be your network“ always have some „support deflection“ smell. Just let us keep the smell low :D

Edited by snakem12

16 hours ago, Litjan said:

Do you have another computer you can install the IXEG on? Like a laptop or your brother´s computer or so? Just to try?

ah yes, I can try another computer.

16 hours ago, Litjan said:

X-Aviation is aware of this issue but can neither reproduce, nor determine what causes it. It is a very isolated issue (3 people affected out of several thousand) and the log provides no hint as to the root cause.

I understand it is complicated and I am not trying to suggest otherwise. It is just I have never received response from support and didn't know what was going on and was kept in the dark. So I appreciate your response. At least I know they know about it. I'll try to update to this thread whenever I find something new. Not sure if they read this thread as wel.

Also thanks for thinking along. As I said. I understand it is complicated, the only thing I ask is some transparency.

I will try to install it on another computer and will report back to this thread to share my results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 9:08 PM, Litjan said:

Well, you have a leg or two up on me regarding IT - I simply fly 747s for a living and have a hard enough time programming the FMS :lol:.

I will leave the troubleshooting to you in this case - let me know when you have found the reason.

Cheers, Jan

Any Xmas good news re that ugly CTD problem. Still have the issue with a vanilla install of the last XP12 version.

XA DRM - RMD0: [7f1c1a38]
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: X-A Validation}==--
--=={FILE: H:\X-Plane 12\Log_ATC.txt}==--

Log_ATC.txt Log.txt

Edited by clecorouge

20 hours ago, clecorouge said:

Any Xmas good news re that ugly CTD problem. Still have the issue with a vanilla install of the last XP12 version.

Unfortunately not. There's nothing much for us to go by here with a pool of three. Finding a common factor amongst you three would be a wiser approach, I think.

15 hours ago, Cameron said:

Unfortunately not. There's nothing much for us to go by here with a pool of three. Finding a common factor amongst you three would be a wiser approach, I think.

Can you give us some pointers. We have no insights in the plug-ins and add-ons code. We have tried several things already. Simply saying it's up to use since it is just the 3 of us is too easy. Especially these moments are where customers can use some help from the devs.

11 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Mine works perfectly fine. Your not trying to run tehe Gizmo beta ver with this are you.

No just the defaults. On a fresh install of x-plane it has the same issue. Even after resetting my PC. So it is either hardware related (although as far as I can see from the logs we have different CPU's and GPU's) or maybe something in the registries (which might not be completely cleaned with a windws PC reset)

7 hours ago, Sluijsens said:

Can you give us some pointers. We have no insights in the plug-ins and add-ons code.

Nothing speaks to me as to insights to provide, unfortunately. I simply see the same things you do in this moment, and ultimately, you three are more likely to have something uniquely common that I would know little about. Given how well this is working for everyone else, it's pretty clear the answer is a unique commonality on these three machines. Probably networking, but outside of that I have nothing to provide. Sorry about that. I'll continue to keep an eye out for other possibilities.

53 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Not for this one.

Also the file involved is identified (from the logs)... btw not sure it is really a x64 version whereas it is in a x64 folder.

Also why the need for these : libcurl.dll, xa_validate.xpl, zlib1.dll while other xaviation planes (that work just fine) leverage the Gizmo plug-in and do not use these files?