Some cockpit indicator lights not lit up, or way too dim.

AngelOfAttack

1. Left LE Flaps transition light, both when testing and when actually using flaps, it lit up a little bit, but way to dim, almost like it's out.

2.A/T LIM, OIL FLITER BYPASS are out, seems there is no failure for them to be trigger then?

3.All other light except engine/APU fire warning on fire panel, as I could remember they works fine in day light, both when doing both light test or fire test at night condition, they seems too dim.

1229357874_Screenshot2023-09-2616-45-19.png

180433107_Screenshot2023-09-2616-45-33.png

1400468320_Screenshot2023-09-2616-47-53.png

Verified...this is attributable to the DDS textures.  In 1.5.0,  we shipped PNGs...which are more reliable, but take up more VRAM.  Laminar recommends DDS for optimization.

NOW....the MCP lighting is a bit of a special beast...and we MAY be misusing the DDS textures for this guy. For the next patch, we'll ship PNGs for this object at least. ...in the meantime, I'll talk with Laminar about whether this is in their court, or we misbehaved with DDS and have to find another way.

-tk

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

Ok this one is fixed for next update.   We had really tricked x-plane's lighting system way back when to simulate multiple light sources on a single surface...but with XP's real lighting...this is normal nowadays.  The problem was the way we had our assets set up for export...so a small rearrangement was required (typical of remodels), but this should be good for the next patch.  Its looking pretty good now, day and night.

-tk

• Like 3

Hi guys, I was going to make a post suggesting seemingly significant lighting difference off the same CO Panel Brightness rheostat. For instance, when I tone down the analog flight instrument dial lights, the fuel indicator lights and digits on the MCP drop off significantly. However, is what's being discussed above the same issue? Or am I messing something up?

12 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Hi guys, I was going to make a post suggesting seemingly significant lighting difference off the same CO Panel Brightness rheostat. For instance, when I tone down the analog flight instrument dial lights, the fuel indicator lights and digits on the MCP drop off significantly. However, is what's being discussed above the same issue? Or am I messing something up?

Your experience with the analog flight instrument dial lights and the fuel indicator lights, as well as the digits on the MCP dropping off significantly upon adjustment, indeed aligns with the issue that is currently being discussed and addressed in here.

We also appreciate your proactive approach in reading through existing topics before making a duplicate post. Sometimes I wish others did that more. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1