HSI Bug (Maybe..)

maor grinberg

Yeah, so resolution and FOV has no influence on this. I wonder if it could be some other plugin or third-party content that could influence the OpenGl drawing.

The next step would be to run a vanilla (no other 3rd party content) version of X-Plane with ONLY the IXEG installed, however @stirlin.g reported seeing this on a clean installation.

Maybe you guys can post your log.txt files here so I can see if we have a common denominator somewhere?

4 minutes ago, AngelOfAttack said:

Here is my log without other plugins, still see the M on wrong side

LogIXEGM.txt 134.03 kB · 0 downloads

Hmm, you say without other plugins, yet I see:

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/BR-B-SBSP Congonhas Airport/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/BR-B-SBSP Congonhas Airport/plugins/GroundTraffic/win_x64/GroundTraffic.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.BR-B-SBSP Congonhas Airport).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/ACS_Singapore_0_Airport/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/ACS_Singapore_0_Airport/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.ACS_Singapore_0_Airport).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/LEAL-Alicante_by_Virtual_Design_XP12_v2.0/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/LEAL-Alicante_by_Virtual_Design_XP12_v2.0/plugins/GroundTraffic/win_x64/GroundTraffic.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.LEAL-Alicante_by_Virtual_Design_XP12_v2.0).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/RJOA_hiroshima_XP12/plugins

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/SFD_RJCH_Airport/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/SFD_RJCH_Airport/plugins/GroundTraffic/win_x64/GroundTraffic.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.SFD_RJCH_Airport).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/HungaryVFR-Library/plugins

[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Starting X-Plane SASL plugin v3.1.2+d19f937
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: HungaryVFR-Library | Global | StartFull
Loaded: Custom Scenery/HungaryVFR-Library/plugins/SASLFree/64/win.xpl (1-sim.com HungaryVFR-Library #6).

[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Enabling...
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Sound output device: OpenAL Soft
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Sound input device: Microphone (WordForum USB   )
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Initializing...
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Path to module: Custom Scenery/HungaryVFR-Library/plugins/SASLFree/data/modules/main.lua
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Loading module...
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]:  [LUA]: loading    module
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Loading cursors...
[HUNGARYVFR-LIBRARY INFO]: Module loaded

and also a bunch of errors:

0:00:44.592 D/TEX: DDS file Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_America-2-regions/objects/South-America/churches/rv_chiese_123.dds declares 10 mips, provides 11 mips, we expected 11 mips
0:00:44.592 D/TEX: DDS file Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-World_America-6-scenery/objects/landmarks/gruredyellow.dds declares 9 mips, provides 10 mips, we expected 10 mips

Last but not least, I think there is a new driver for your Nvidia card available, too.

If you could take out your sceneries calling Marginal Ground traffic and the Hungary scenery - and possibly also disable X-World scenery, just to test?

19 hours ago, Litjan said:

Yeah, so resolution and FOV has no influence on this. I wonder if it could be some other plugin or third-party content that could influence the OpenGl drawing.

The next step would be to run a vanilla (no other 3rd party content) version of X-Plane with ONLY the IXEG installed, however @stirlin.g reported seeing this on a clean installation.

Maybe you guys can post your log.txt files here so I can see if we have a common denominator somewhere?

It's in the panel texture buffer, so unless something really bizarre is happening, it's being rendered by the 733's custom instrument code. Why? Only @tkyler can answer that. :)

1904234198_Screenshot2023-09-18202029.thumb.png.b6f79dc232ca5290620308568b1073e4.png

P.S. I hope in the future the pixel density for the instruments is increased (though as these are meant to be CRTs--I assume--it would come down to what's necessary to give it an authentic analogue look, which probably involves a shader also), possibly when LR provide the custom avionics API? :) 

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

I did not do the original openGL...and I have never, not once, touched the code for the EFIS displays.   Certainly I will investigate.  We are seeing openGL funnies we haven't seen in the past.  I believe Laminar have "tightened up" some of their requirements for us devs using openGL and this could have some influence.

Now a little "insider info" for those here.   For a while now, I've been setting myself up to work on XP full time and its' been a long road to get to this point, getting everything up date and redone for XP12.....BUT there's still a little bit further to go with  regards to code infrastructure.

I liken where we are now to a remodeling project in a crowded downtown.....so for example, you may work in some building that's getting remodeled and there is scaffolding all over the place, but the building continues to "operate".   We want to make that operation as normal as possible of course, but while folks use the IXEG...we're changing lots of stuff under the hood to be more lean and "future proof".   This whole "Level-2" activation issue folks are seeing is part of an interim technology..much like scaffoling...and won't be around forever.  We are trying to make this rework as transparent to the end users as possible while we  demolish / cut / retool / remodel code under the hood.

A big part of this work will be the graphics code.  With the 717 waiting in the wings....with six EFIS displays...EFIS graphics are a big deal now.  SO...I'll just say that we're knocking heads with folks from Real Sim Gear and also Saso/Totoriko, to make sure we have modern tech/methods and we can move all these products well into the future.

As far as this HSI thing....I'll be looking at it for sure.

-TomK

• Like 3