Douglas DC-3 v2 Release Announcement!

Cameron

Greetings, fellow aviators!

We're beyond thrilled to announce that on September 7th, 2023, we will be launching the Leading Edge Simulations DC-3 v2. This is an all-new aircraft compared to v1, and truly expands on the fidelity of the systems compared to v1. A perfect blend of history's elegance and modern simulation marvel, this aircraft is a testament to the golden age of aviation, now meticulously crafted for your virtual skies!

Special Upgrade Offer for Our Loyal v1 Customers: To show our gratitude, all v1 customers will receive a 35% discount on the new DC-3 v2. This discount will be valid for 60 days from release, so be sure to get in on the offer before that time is up. We value your continued support and want to ensure you enjoy the evolution of this classic beauty.

From its intricate 3D details, authentic systems and the duality of classic and modern variants, the Leading Edge Simulations DC-3 v2 promises an unparalleled experience. Whether you're a seasoned pilot or just starting out, this iconic bird offers something for everyone.

Go to Product Page

DC3_Forums_3.jpg

DC3_Forums_2.jpg

DC3_Forums_5.jpg

DC3_Forums_4.jpg

DC3_Forums_6.jpg

DC3_Forums_9.jpg

DC3_Forums_1.jpg

DC3_Forums_7.jpg

DC3_Forums_8.jpg

So, mark your calendars for September 7th, and prepare to traverse the virtual skies like never before. History awaits!

Be sure to check out the new product page for the Leading Edge Simulations Douglas DC-3 v2!

Blue skies and safe landings,

X-Aviation

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, stavka said:

Thanks about this DC3, it looks amazing and i will buy it tmw when available.

Can we have access to a paintkit for it?

Thank You!!!

Paintkit will be available soon after release. But due the special livery/airframe concept, please read the online manual.

https://airfightergr.github.io/les_dc3_docs/liveries/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Absolutely! It's coming, I promise. :)

Can we also read into that that there's an official ARM friendly Gizmo release coming soon ?
(The DC-3 doesn't seem to work with the experimental Gizmo64 23+ version that's been used to allow Apple Silicon support with some other X-Aviation planes)

15 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Can we also read into that that there's an official ARM friendly Gizmo release coming soon ?

We are actively working towards full ARM compatibility for all the products we offer. We're in a transition phase at the moment, and there's a significant amount of code re-factoring underway. Please stay tuned for our official announcements regarding the ARM-friendly stuff! :)

As a side note, there's a lot of incentive for this. Goran, myself, Coop, and Tom are all on Apple ARM chips. This won't get left behind. ;) 

• Like 1

Firstly, congratulations on the release of the DC-3.   We need some good DC-3/C-47's in X-plane (and other sims). 

At the moment I am at work (sitting here on a support job so hidden in a corner with my laptop) and I can't take it out for a test flight but that did not stop me from loading it up for a few screenshots and a chance to view the visual model.  Unfortunately there are some glaring inaccuracies that were apparent on my initial 'walk-around' of the aircraft.  

The first thing I noticed was the gap between the rudder and the vertical stabilizer. On the real aircraft a gap is only really noticeable when the rudder is fully deflected to either side. Secondly the stairs look rather silly, there is no proper loading door only a passenger door and the door is too small which means the stairs are too short and a separate ladder / step unit is necessary for the virtual passengers to even be able to reach the stairs. I have also uploaded 2 images of Comair Daks to illustrate this (Images by Peter Wonfor and Alistair Bor). I feel that there is a slight discrepancy in the shape of the nose but I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. I will need to get some screenshots of the various Daks in flight to be able to compare the shape between the models.

I am really looking forward to taking this Dak up for a flight when I get home tonight or later on in the weekend.  

12026 ZS-DRJ peter wonfor.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.48 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.51 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.51 PM 002.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.51 PM 001.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.50 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.50 PM 001.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 12.46 PM.jpg

42963 ZS-FRM Alastair Bor.jpg

Edited by Capetonian
duplicate text.

Well, after the first flight I can only say that I am far from impressed:

The door is incorrect, 

The windows are incorrectly placed. 

The gaps between the stab and the rudder are ginormous. 

The ailerons look off

The nose is slightly off

The parking does not seem to work when mapped to hardware, I had to click on the red knob in the cockpit to release it. 

After take off, I eased the throttles back and tried to trim the aircraft to maintain a shallow climb but that did not go too well as the aircraft continued to try and roll to the right.  

Both the visual and flight model seem to be a lot 'worse' than the VSKYLABS DC-3.  I am sorry to say this but in my opinion this is not worth the €48,- that I paid for it and would do well as a decent freeware model. 

I cannot agree with the statement: "From its intricate 3D details, authentic systems and the duality of classic and modern variants, the Leading Edge Simulations DC-3 v2 promises an unparalleled experience. Whether you're a seasoned pilot or just starting out, this iconic bird offers something for everyone."

BUT: Before I decide to entirely scrap it, I will check the model once again with a clean install of X-Plane 12 and freshly calibrated controls.   For now I am disappointed and feel that I have wasted my money! 

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.23 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.29 PM 001.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.31 PM 001.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.31 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.33 PM 001.jpg

Screen Shot 09-08-23 at 07.33 PM.jpg