TOGA Simulation MU-2 Marquise v2.1.0 Update Released!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, AZSimPilot said:

I uploaded the new V2.1 update and first thing I notice was no more Comm/Nav Audio functions anymore (on the instrument). Were all the push buttons/functions/lights discontinued? All I see is High/Low Sens and the test button work... when test is pushed only the High/Low Sens light indicate.

I've been having some issues too. I also cannot see any illuminated indicators for the audio monitoring channels. I can monitor Com radios, but don't hear any morse identifiers on the Nav monitor channels. I haven't verified if I can transmit. The RXP GPS was pretty grumpy to get initialized for the first time but has settled down after I forced the use of the default Laminar GPS, and then tried the RXP again. This is probably is probably not a high priority issue, but I observed that when I use my Plane Command voice triggered copilot software some of the commands associated with the avionics were ineffective. I installed the aircraft from a fresh download today. The MU is a brilliant flier, I like her a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

XPlane 12.06b6

The MU-2 or the old Gizmo Plugin is flooding the Log with this Error:

E/GFX/Bridge: Encountered OpenGL error GL_INVALID_OPERATION

Only the MU-2 does this, no Errors with Stock Laminar or other Third Party Planes.

Here is a answer from the Laminar Forum:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/292842-1206b6-is-available/&do=findComment&comment=2596327

Looks like there is some work to do.

Log.txt

4 hours ago, meierzwo said:

Only the MU-2 does this, no Errors with Stock Laminar or other Third Party Planes.

Do you have the G500 plugin in the MU2 plugins folder?  Have you tried moving that out of the folder temporarily for debugging?  What does the log.txt look like if that's the case etc?

-tk

Edited by tkyler

12 hours ago, tkyler said:

Do you have the G500 plugin in the MU2 plugins folder?  Have you tried moving that out of the folder temporarily for debugging?  What does the log.txt look like if that's the case etc?

-tk

I removed the Plugin but there is no difference.  I also tried the Stock Laminar 172 with the G500 Plugin for a crosscheck if the Plugin causes that Error. But no Error with the 172 and the Plugin.

It's only the MU2, with or without the G500 Plugin. The Plane is still functional.

Log.txt

Edited by meierzwo

I'll ping Laminar on this, I think that error is coming from them and is Windows related, I'm not seeing this from the few Mac users I've ping'd.   Flooding the log with a message like that, presumably from some flight loop is bad practice.  Thx for reporting.

-tk

12 hours ago, tkyler said:

I'll ping Laminar on this, I think that error is coming from them and is Windows related, I'm not seeing this from the few Mac users I've ping'd.   Flooding the log with a message like that, presumably from some flight loop is bad practice.  Thx for reporting.

-tk

Sid @ Laminar has added additional diagnostics code and the "error being raised" is by design.

Different behaviour between Windows and Mac graphics driver stacks is normal and further compounded by Vulkan(+Zink) for Windows / Metal for Mac.

User with a problem is running Windows.

• 1 month later...