Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2 autopilot issues.

I just purchased the MU-2 Marquise v2 and cannot get the autopilot to engage in NAV mode.  I'm flying the GNS 530 vairant.  Have a flight plan loaded but after takeoff I cannot get NAV to select.  HDG works but NAV does not.  What am I missing.  I also tried using the Reality XP GTN 750 but it  does not couple to the HSI.

Edited by jfwharton

• jfwharton changed the title to Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2 autopilot issues.
49 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

I just purchased the MU-2 Marquise v2 and cannot get the autopilot to engage in NAV mode.  I'm flying the GNS 530 vairant.  Have a flight plan loaded but after takeoff I cannot get NAV to select.  HDG works but NAV does not.  What am I missing.  I also tried using the Reality XP GTN 750 but it  does not couple to the HSI.

ANYBODY who reads this....I am working on these AP docs soon.  We were quite sure that many folks would ask this question. It is a very common mis-conception.  Cameron is right, this is a GPSS concept and will probably take some explanation for folks to understand how it works.  Even I myself, being a bit of an old-timer,  had to get a AP lesson from Philipp at Laminar to fully understand and implement it.  Rest assured though, that once you get the hang of it, it is quite a satisfying way to fly.  NAV only works with radio signals, not GPS.  Stay tuned for those AP docs soon.

-TomK

Edited by tkyler

Thank you for that information.  An unusual way for the autopilot to work but it works now.  Now to figure out how to get the Avitab to work.  I just get a blank screen.

OK nevermind.  I found the power button to turn on the avitab tablet and now have the checklists.

Edited by jfwharton