[LOGGED 0002650] R Main Tank 99,5% full but no HL light on // L Main Tank 91% full but HL light on and Valve closed

StippiPIC

I've had exactly the same problem. Surely the High Level Shutoff Valve should apply to the right wing and not the left? Or are we saying that the left tank was full originally but that it drained into the right tank after being parked on a slope? In that case, why is the right pump still showing "OP" when the tank is full? 

I don't have technical knowledge of how it all works, so my guesses are just guesses. But because the airplane seems to be in a left wing down attitude, the fuel is probably running to the outer section of the left fuel tank. I assume the high level sensors are out there because it wouldn't make sense to have them towards the inner wing since that part is generally lower than the outer wing and because of gravity. 

But the graphics, if I'm seeing it correctly in my phone screen shows the airplane in a left hand tilt, so fuel wouldnt flow to the right wing because the right wing is higher. 

Edit: the right wing can take more fuel because, assuming the high level sensors are towards the outer part they won't trigger as soon as the left wing because the right wing is higher. 

Again these are just guesses, so maybe someone else with more technical knowledge can explain and correct me

Edited by sunake

• Pils changed the title to [LOGGED 0002650] R Main Tank 99,5% full but no HL light on // L Main Tank 91% full but HL light on and Valve closed