Jump to content

CL650 - Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo Profiles


Recommended Posts

Profiles for the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo. Includes printable labels for the Bravo toggle switches and PDFs explaining the mappings. Important: I suggest creating a blank joystick profile (particularly for the Bravo) in XP11 (to avoid conflicting assignments!) and simply adding in the assignments recommended in the included documentation indicated by an asterisk (*). Tested extensively - if you find any errors please comment or suggest an improvement and I will try to fix as soon as I can!
 

Currently only the following lights (for the Bravo) are programmed:

  • Master Warning
  • Master Caution
  • Engine Fire
  • Parking Brake (only shows if you've set it properly ;) )
  • Anti Ice
  • Starter Engaged
  • APU
  • Door

 

Note 1: The aircraft needs to be electrically powered for the lights to work.
Note 2: Ensure all Yoke switches are in the up position and all on the Bravo are down before loading up for optimum results. I programmed (most) switches to operate in the direction they operate in the sim.

UPDATE 25 JAN 22: Reverser bindings would only work on the Honeycomb Airbus throttle set - updated to work with the original 'Boeing' style throttles. File included if you wish to use your Airbus levers which adds an extra button (ATS Disconnect on lever 2).

Currently, I cannot seem to program TOGA, Max reverse or AP Disc functions as these variables don't seem to work in the HC Configurator. Will update if a fix appears in the future.


Credits to Dendarian (Ian) who has been incredibly helpful!

Challenger 650 Throttle Layout.pdf

Challenger 650 Yoke Layout.pdf

CL650 Alpha-Bravo Configs 25JAN22.rar

Edited by AirbusFTW
Updated files and fixes.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Pils pinned and featured this topic

Hello!

Thank you for the profiles! Really enjoying them here. However a small suggestion: I see that the on/off position  for many of the toggle switches are set according to the actual physical switch in the cockpit. I find this a bit “confusing” as it requires some initial setup of the quadrant and yoke before loading the aircraft. (E.g the GEN switches are set reversed, meaning when physical switches are down (OFF) on the yoke, they are ON in the aircraft)
 

I know it’s an easy fix to change this in the profile. 
 

My suggestion: Use the off positions of the toggle switches on the yoke and the throttle to set switches in aircraft to off.

Freddy

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, fog said:

Hello!

Thank you for the profiles! Really enjoying them here. However a small suggestion: I see that the on/off position  for many of the toggle switches are set according to the actual physical switch in the cockpit. I find this a bit “confusing” as it requires some initial setup of the quadrant and yoke before loading the aircraft. (E.g the GEN switches are set reversed, meaning when physical switches are down (OFF) on the yoke, they are ON in the aircraft)
 

I know it’s an easy fix to change this in the profile. 
 

My suggestion: Use the off positions of the toggle switches on the yoke and the throttle to set switches in aircraft to off.

Freddy

Hi Freddy,

 

Thanks for the feedback. The GEN switches are orientated in the way the switches operate. However the same direction is slightly different for the Throttle I'll admit - however it's fairly easy to swap around in the HC Configurator to suit your preference :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Check6 said:

I have downloaded your .json file but don't know where to place it. Can you please assist? 

Hiya,

Just for future reference - you can save the .json anywhere. Open HC Configurator program - Settings -> Import Profiles. Active the profile and load it in XP11. 

There is a small issue with the thrust reversers as I set this up using the Airbus levers. If using the standard ones, the reverse function might not function as desired. Fixing and will update asap.

Cheers,

Sam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@AirbusFTWThank you so much for posting these. I've been struggling to figure out what to use the magneto switch for on my Alpha and your mappings are very helpful.

I use SPAD.next rather than the Honeycomb profiler. If you're OK with this, I'd like to translate your your mappings into SPAD.next snippets and share them with the community. I will, of course, cite your original work and include a URL to your original post above (assuming that URLs are permissible in the SPAD.next descriptions).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IronCroptop said:

@AirbusFTWThank you so much for posting these. I've been struggling to figure out what to use the magneto switch for on my Alpha and your mappings are very helpful.

I use SPAD.next rather than the Honeycomb profiler. If you're OK with this, I'd like to translate your your mappings into SPAD.next snippets and share them with the community. I will, of course, cite your original work and include a URL to your original post above (assuming that URLs are permissible in the SPAD.next descriptions).

You're most welcome to! Glad you found them useful! A friend of mine suggested mapping one of the magneto switches to Memory 1 so you can have a custom screen of your choosing too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tangentially related:

I don't currently have the Airbus levers for the HC Bravo but I've been considering ordering them to get the extra button (one for TOGA, one for ATS disconnect). However, from what I can tell, if I use the Airbus levers, I end up having to map the thrust reverse to the "buttons" at the bottom of the throttle travel -- which I'm currently using for throttle cutoff with the Boeing levers. 

Are the reverse levers on the Airbus-style levers strictly a gate or do they map to a button like the the Boeing-style reversers do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t looked at this profile, but using my Boeing throttle pack I have the detent mapped to fuel cutoff, the reverser lever mapped to reversers, and the red button mapped to TOGA. Since you lose a button with the Airbus pack how does this map out in this profile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Peter Clark said:

Since you lose a button with the Airbus pack

Technically you gain a button because two of the handles can have red A/T disconnect buttons on the side, as this is the configuration for the A330/340/350/380.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pils said:

Technically you gain a button because two of the handles can have red A/T disconnect buttons on the side, as this is the configuration for the A330/340/350/380.

@Peter Clark I agree with @Pils. I currently have the same setup as you but after checking out the Airbus throttle set, I see that you can have a TOGA button on each of the throttle levers unlike the Boeing set which only has a button on throttle 1. So I've ordered a set of the Airbus levers.

In the meantime, using SPAD.next, I'm able to map multiple commands to a single button so I have both CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_L and CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_R mapped to the TOGA button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IronCroptop said:

@Peter Clark I agree with @Pils. I currently have the same setup as you but after checking out the Airbus throttle set, I see that you can have a TOGA button on each of the throttle levers unlike the Boeing set which only has a button on throttle 1. So I've ordered a set of the Airbus levers.

In the meantime, using SPAD.next, I'm able to map multiple commands to a single button so I have both CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_L and CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_R mapped to the TOGA button.

Right - but if pulling back past the detent isn’t ICO and you don’t have reverse levers any more, haven’t you lost a button? 
 

Boeing: red button, reverse, detent for ICO

Airbus: red button, detent for reverse.

Seems to me like you’re losing the reverse function?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pils said:

Airbus pack has reverse levers on two handles also.

Ah.. I’ll have to go look at mine. I’ve only used it for the FBW 320 and that uses the detent for reverse. Never looked at the other 2 levers. What do you do, move the TOGA button from the other two that don’t have levers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pils said:

I’m curious, why would you need both?

I probably don't I just mapped it that way because I don't know any better. Before the CL650, I only flew SR22 and TBM900. I'm in waaaaayyy over my head on this model and having to learn everything from scratch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 8:19 PM, Peter Clark said:

I haven’t looked at this profile, but using my Boeing throttle pack I have the detent mapped to fuel cutoff, the reverser lever mapped to reversers, and the red button mapped to TOGA. Since you lose a button with the Airbus pack how does this map out in this profile?

I've just uploaded the mapping PDFs to show how I mapped them. For me I find the detents a bit too risky for fuel cutoff switches as the Boeing levers can quite easily slip into the detent (whereas the Airbus ones have to be unlocked by the reverse handles - quite handy!) hence why I mapped them to toggle switches. Neat idea if you're trying to make it look/feel as realistic as possible though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AirbusFTW said:

Airbus ones have to be unlocked by the reverse handles

Still seemed to risky to me so haven’t done it yet! How many times have you accidentally shut off an engine on the runway, be honest? :)
 

Edit: Oh I see from the PDF you aren’t actually doing this. Misunderstood.

Edited by Pils
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pils said:

Still seemed to risky to me so haven’t done it yet! How many times have you accidentally shut off an engine on the runway, be honest? :)

I can't say that I've ever unintentionally pulled back through the detent with either the Boeing handles or the Airbus non-TR lever equipped handles (which also don't have a stop lever - is this how an A340/380 thrust lever setup is IRL? Have to look around for some pics, one flight deck I've never been in IRL). In MSFS I have the detent button mapped to... engine decrease?... for the FBW and it works great for reverse in that airframe. 

Still trying to get used to this setup as using the detent for cutoff and reverser lever Airbus handles. Seems... odd.. having to lift the reverser handles to pull back into ICO. I might just leave it with the Boeing handles, but life's kept me away from the sim for a few days so I haven't really had a chance to give the Airbus lever-equipped handles config a fair shot.

Edit: OK quick look around it seems like the 340/380 don't have a reverse area like the 320. 330 and 340 have levers, and the 340 has 4 reverser levers so the Honeycomb Airbus pack is 2 levers short for that airframe (guess you just map #2 to engine1/2 reverse and #3 to engine 3/4 reverse). 

Still, lifting the TR handle to pull back into the detent for ICO seems, odd. I think it's just a spring... wonder if a bit of tape to let it come back through the detent without pulling the lever would finish making the Airbus pack match the 650 w/ left throttle button being TOGA and right button being ATS Disco... Least I have a giant snowstorm coming in tomorrow to play around with this stuff.

Edited by Peter Clark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like living on the edge so I've got the engine cutoff mapped to the detents on the throttle levers (I'm still using the Boeing ones for now). Since I'm using an axis for the flap settings, I ended up mapping ATS disconnect the HC Flap lever down press (and AP disconnect to the up press).

On a related note, if anyone is using SPAD.next, I have uploaded my CL650 Profile so it's available to anyone who wants it. I put a link back to this thread in the profile description.

Edited by IronCroptop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...