Gizmo Activation on Linux

Just installed the SR22 Entegra Series today. Installed just like the TBM which was nice. When I started XP and loaded into the aircraft, nothing worked and I'm getting a thunking sound backed up with either a mooing or a "oh ohhhh" sound. It's a little hard to tell.

I went thru my Log and found quite a few errors. A snip of is below.

dlerror:/home/tim/X-Plane11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/plugins/OpenGPWS/lin_x64/OpenGPWS.xpl: undefined symbol: sio_getpar
dlerror:/home/tim/X-Plane11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/plugins/sr_systavi/lin_x64/sr_systavi.xpl: undefined symbol: ASN1_ANY_it
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: The sound event event:/cb/cbPush has an invalid command trigger afm/sr/cmd/cb/r3c08
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: snd error in file: Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/fmod/SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90.snd line 2482
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: The sound event event:/cb/cbPush has an invalid command trigger afm/sr/cmd/cb/r3c09
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: snd error in file: Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/fmod/SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90.snd line 2488
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: The sound event event:/cb/cbPush has an invalid command trigger afm/sr/cmd/cb/r3c10
0:01:25.319 E/SOUN: snd error in file: Aircraft/X-Aviation/SR22 Series Entegra/TorqueSim SR22TN Entegra/fmod/SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90.snd line 2494

This brought me to the forums here and after reading the "Switches don't work" thread, and realizing what I'm seeing looks like a failed activation. I went looking for Gizmo. And I did indeed find a Gizmo error.
dlerror:/home/tim/X-Plane11/Resources/plugins/Gizmo64.plugin/lin_x64/Gizmo64.plugin.xpl: invalid ELF header

It's modified date under plugins, including the directories under Gizmo64.plugin are from today, however the big notable difference is when I look at the XPLs for Windows and Mac. They're dated 3/15/2021 whereas the Linux plugin is dated 2/25/2018.

Gizmo's website says there is no Linux version and there's a bug report that's been open since 2017 on Github. I'm curious how this is supposed to work on Linux or if the Linux support indicator on X-Aviation was a mistake?

We are still working through this one on what dependency is needed. We are targeting getting a fix for 1.0.2 at this time.

We have an already finalized patch (1.0.1) that should be releasing soon, this will not have a change on the dependencies with Linux as we are still working on that fix. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, javaes said:

Hi, the same error is happening on 1.0.2 as well. Which Linux distro have you tested? I would really love to finally fly this bird.

Thanks for reporting back. We are looking into it, hopefully we will be able to generate a 1.0.2b with some other changes. I'll PM you when we have something to test. Compiled on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...