Bug with external APU volume?

Iain

In external view 1, the APU is pretty loud, as expected, if I press free roam and move 1 or even 2 km away, the APU sound does not reduce and is still pretty deafening!   I can't work out if it's a setting on my system, or a bug.

Cheers

I reported this on another thread (I don't know if it is a "bug"...).

The external sounds are still too loud for me (after several flights and reinstallation of the aircraft with stable version of gizmo. I tried with 11.41 and 11.50 without any difference).

Edited by danhenri

Yeh, maybe too loud, but when I went very far from the aircraft, the sound was the same volume.  But today as I move away from the aircraft, the volume lowers done until you can't hear it at a few hundred meters, which is fine.  But listening too it now, I think it was the internal sound of the packs air flow that was playing in external view.  Today it's the usual APU whine.  

OK, it's not a big issue (actually, not an issue at all !) : the external sounds are very loud when X-Plane is launched and the aircraft is in turn-around mode. Then, setting the plane in cold and dark, then, in turn-around again, and the volume comes back to normal. Perhaps it has something to do with other plugins in my settings. 

Cheers,

Daniel.

Try the following, check when APU is running in the overhead panel status of right pack. If it is on AUTO you will hear the pack sound from outside.

If you switch off you will just hear the hydraulic and the APU sound.

I think the right pack is now on by default (1.31) if you start in turnaround Status.

Edited by safeflight_