Hotstart TBM900 Problems when opening maintenance manger and airframe manager.

chriskingdom

Hi, can anyone help me resolve this issue i am experiencing please.

Hotstart TBM900. when trying top opening maintenance manger and airframe managerfrom the side bar

they do not display on screen correctly and end up at the top half of the screen, i am unable to drag them with the mouse and open them.

please see attached pictures. However if i open payload manager it also opens at the top half of the screen, but there is a small boarder around 

payload manger that lets you use your mouse pointer on it and drag the window down to view, this boarder is not available on maintenance manager or airframe manger.

I have my monitor settings set to default on x-plane 11 and user at interface 100%. I have tried many other settings for monitor resolution and user interface also a full reinstall without any success.

I would appreciate any support from the community or the developer regarding this issue as at present I cant use the above.    

Kind Regards

Chris K

20190801_115433.jpg

20190801_115441.jpg

20190801_115452.jpg

20190801_115502.jpg

20190801_115519.jpg

20190801_115512.jpg

The resolution is the same on the side monitors but the middle one is higher due to size. The side bar goes all the way round to left monitor. Also as mentioned in my posting the payload manager has a border around it so you can drag it with the mouse to re position the window, the maintenance and airframe dont have such border.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2019 at 7:58 AM, chriskingdom said:

The resolution is the same on the side monitors but the middle one is higher due to size. The side bar goes all the way round to left monitor. Also as mentioned in my posting the payload manager has a border around it so you can drag it with the mouse to re position the window, the maintenance and airframe dont have such border.

What are your screen sizes?

Mine are 3 24” 1920 x 1080 but going to try and configure 34” in the middle and drop one of the 24” to add my RSG G1000 Package to fly the TBM900

FAA6CDEC-5845-4025-B36F-47AD98709634.jpeg

A083EE58-D952-434F-B8A4-CC460F31B7E1.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I seem to have a version of this issue where I cannot see the Airframe Manager, Maintenance Manager and Payload screens at all.  The menus on the left side turn green on the borders when clicked but no screen is visible.  Meanwhile the GPU. chocks and tow all work.  

Has anyone solved this problem?

3 hours ago, toneill said:

I seem to have a version of this issue where I cannot see the Airframe Manager, Maintenance Manager and Payload screens at all.  The menus on the left side turn green on the borders when clicked but no screen is visible.  Meanwhile the GPU. chocks and tow all work.  

Has anyone solved this problem?

Yes,

Make sure you have v1.10. I no longer have this issue.

D8EF9220-F3CF-42CA-B66F-080BD2E2A0D9.jpeg

Thank you.  Yes I have v1.10. I - just bought it yesterday.  I am muddling my way through it.  The screens are missing when using 4 separate monitors - or three - or even 2 but works ok with just one.   I am currently experimenting with NVidia surround with 4 monitors spanned (GTX 1070) This actually works.  I was just setting up X-camera when the sim just crashed for no reason I could see. 

So much to learn.  Thanks for your reply.

I have not been able to resolve this problem.  I have tried many configurations including fresh installs of x-plane and TBM on my SSD and every combination of monitoring setups. 

The only two configurations that will actually display the airframe manager and payload and maintenance screens is a single monitor or Nvidia surround comprising all 4 monitors 

In a 4 separate monitor configuration I can see focus shift to a different monitor so I am pretty sure the screens are launching but I am unable to see them.  I searched the borders of the monitors but couldn't find a trace of them.

I have the latest TBM and X- plane versions.

is anyone else experiencing this problem Any help is most appreciated

I have managed a work around. I run 3 monitors and on start up of the TBM900 the tab bar moves around the screens to the left-hand monitor. I then open Xplanes screen settings and under the left monitor adjust the default resolution to custom. In my case 1980x1080 but I add 1 extra pixel to make them 1981x1081 this moves the TBM 900 tab bar to the middle screen on left hand side. in this mode I can open Airframe Manager, Maintenance Manger and Payload Manager with no problems. The only issue is that I have to enter the custom resolutions everytime I run the TBM900 as they won't save.But at least the tab bar works now.

Regards

Chris K

Another consideration may be inside X-plane's Graphics settings. In a multi-display, such as what we are doing here, it is wise to configure your monitors (how they are plugged and arranged) such that your MAIN Display inside X-Plane is the Far LEFT screen and NOT the Middle, like I, and so many think is normal. Once I did this troubles like you're having abated. 

If you guys are not on the HOTSTART Distcord server your should be. It is a great community where the developers hangout and pretty much answer any question within minutes. Below is a link.

https://discord.gg/mnG3ZM

If you love the Hotstart TBM900 as much as I do, you owe to yourself to be on there asking your questions. You can also visit me at https://discord.gg/2wVzd6 to discuss multi-screen, mult-PC Networked Flight Simulation Setup over voice. 

Blue Skies

FLIGHT SIMULATION

Thank you both for your responses!   MrScott I thought I tried every monitor setup alternative but not putting the main screen to the left.  I did, and it worked. Thanks so much.

Also thank you for the discord server invite.  I have joined and will try to find my way around.  I have been flight summing for decades and just got the TBM 900 last week. I also love Aerobask's Epic E1000.  Decided to build a home cockpit and have been experimenting with monitor setups and hardware controls.  I have been building hardware controls and writing code to communicate with X-plane using Air Manager to handle the interface.  Great fun.  It will be great to find some support with my questions.

Thanks again