Release Candidate 1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if you guys noticed that too... (look at the pic)

cr2u.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6462/cr2u.jpg <- link

The glareshield on the real airplane is more round. Is there any chance you could move a couple of vertices up in 3ds max on that part? Don't get me wrong... I love everything about that airplane and the project, and I will buy it no matter what you decide to do, but that part of the cockpit really bothers me. It just doesn't look like the real thing.

I'm looking forward to take that CRJ in the (virtual) sky.

Good morning to all, after congratulate with you for the impressive work, I can't wait again...I read the manual so many times I would put my fingers on push-buttons and levers....Do you have an idea when this bird will be released ?

Thank you

Hi, there...thanks for your compliments. The release will be as soon as we're comfortable with the setup and iron out a few small kinks. Soon. ;)

Ooooh noo...guess that mean it takes yet another week :D  :'(

Not necessarily. It means we need to work out a few small things and if they get fixed today, then so be it, but if they take a little longer...so be it too.

Oh the joys of custom programming. ;)

So I'm assuming the installers are close? Those seem to be the time consumer.

Deployment is a major pain in the ***.

We could just give you a truckload of files and a long list in which folders you should put them, but I assume you would kill us for this...

But you may rest assured that we all three work through sleepless nights getting this all nicely wrapped up.

Philipp

Deployment is a major pain in the ***.

We could just give you a truckload of files and a long list in which folders you should put them, but I assume you would kill us for this...

But you may rest assured that we all three work through sleepless nights getting this all nicely wrapped up.

Philipp

I've had to sort files in the past, and it was a little frustrating. If you misplace one thing, stuff doesn't work. And I'm sure the CRJ has more folders than I first expected. ;) Anyway, I do appreciate your hard work in making delivery easier for the customer.

Perry

But isn't it mostly the obj's that affect the frames?

They have some effect depending on your system and rendering settings. However, complicated systems simulation can have a big effect as well. They STMA PC-12, which uses the SASL plugin, takes a big bite out of fps, as does the x737, which uses its own code. If you read back in the thread you will see that Philip has specifically written the code for the CRJ to spawn multiple threads on multiple cores, which, as far as I know, if a first for a plane for X-Plane.

Other than what has been posted by Javier (pretty much a direct correlation between core count and frame rate) we won't have any idea how the CRJ will perform until it ships.

I've heard how the CRJ optimizes cores, but just wondering if anyone know's how this will compare to the SSJ100 in terms of FPS.

Don't think you can compare the two: completely different internal systems.

If you load the plane without any plugin you will have the same frames as my seamax or Mentor. Even with more objects inside. So 50-60 frames.

The plugin is what is taking the frames, so that is why Philipp made the multicore function. More cores, more fps.

I've heard how the CRJ optimizes cores, but just wondering if anyone know's how this will compare to the SSJ100 in terms of FPS.

Don't think you can compare the two: completely different internal systems.

If you load the plane without any plugin you will have the same frames as my seamax or Mentor. Even with more objects inside. So 50-60 frames.

The plugin is what is taking the frames, so that is why Philipp made the multicore function. More cores, more fps.

Sounds good! Am really looking forward to a labor day full of CRJ flying instead of school!  ;)