Release Candidate 1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DAYS!!!! Cameron, Javier, Philip,etc., you guys are about to change X-Plane!!

Broad term and easiest to pick. There are 365 DAYS in a year, after all! :-p

In all reality...we're close. Not two days close, but we're close.

After over two years in development, I guess close could mean many different things. Well, I won't get a lot of time to fly it for a few more weeks, so it aint gonna kill me ;D

Let's try not to take another year though.....

Just kidding :)

I can't wait to see what Nicolas does when this thing comes out though ;D That'll be almost good as the plane itself....

About the sounds... I have been playing a lot with the default ones... The plane has real ones because they were recored form Cameron and also from pilots that gave me for free.

But still are default ones.. so the caution and warning are not making any sound, if there is a fire on one engine you will see the lights but not the sound.. and is a shame.. but hope the new programming will change that. I want this plane to be better and better... but the only thing I can promisse is the 1.0 version. It has been very hard reach that stage.

BUT... with the default sounds.. I would say that the starting engines are soooo great (they have a moment of silent there that I will try to make them better.) and the roll over the runway is AMAZING!! ... Well you will hear it and you can say your own opinion.

I can't wait to see what Nicolas does when this thing comes out though ;D That'll be almost good as the plane itself....

I don't want to play anymore wars around. I always want to see future not pass. I didn´t like at all what I had on the .org.. but I want to look future. Waste time on pass don't let me work for x-plane future projets.

Of course I wish I could return to the .org forum one day.. not so much things I have to say there.. Only announce my products and defend them.

Nicolas or not Nicolas I forgot a long time ago.

Will this model be certified by Bombardier?

No, and not pretend to. Never did. to make something certified, or you pay a lot of money, or you have a big team with a big budget. I never had nothing of that. This plane is my vision of the real one. Not the real one. I only want people enjoy my planes. Don't care too much if it don't fly as the real. Only I care to be close to the real. So those who look for the exact simulation as the real crj won't like it. But others that they want to FEEL as flying an small airliner they will love it. For those people is made the crj. Not for real pilots of the crj that want simulate procedures. A real sim of the plane would cost more than what is going to cost. And no, I believe Pmdg are neither real simulators. They are the best in systems  but still are playing on Fsx.....

Enjoy our Crj and don't ask if the real I'd the same. Some will be near. Others we will be so far away.

Javier,

I note that you said you have the main manuals done, Any chance for an early release of them so we can study/Print them beforehand? I can assure you that even just the two would be very appreciated. (I have studied the material at Smart Cockpit but would like the differences training and to see what to expect from yours) I am very excited, and when it's released have a glass of the bubbly from me!

Cheers

Joe

Javier,

I note that you said you have the main manuals done, Any chance for an early release of them so we can study/Print them beforehand? I can assure you that even just the two would be very appreciated. (I have studied the material at Smart Cockpit but would like the differences training and to see what to expect from yours) I am very excited, and when it's released have a glass of the bubbly from me!

Cheers

Joe

We do plan on making a release of the necessary manuals when we feel they are completely ready for public use. That said, it will all be close proximity to release anyhow, and you won't get a whole lot of lead time. :)

So, yes, we do plan on putting the manuals out ahead of time.

In the meantime, we're more concerned about getting this aircraft out to market in a timely manner than anything else, and so that's what we're focused on doing. Let's not let this be a continually repeated question like has been done on the Saab, please. We're just as excited to get this out as everyone else is to fly it.

Wow Ben, Having a bad day?

The answer for all products has NOT been no, as demonstrated by the SAAB. (Goran decided to try to release the manual early, but it appears has not been able to based on specific issues.)

Further to that Javier JUST said he had them done. If they are DONE as he said, then there should be no issues (that I can see) that prevent the release.

No harm in asking, even if the answer is no.

My irritation and "bad attitude" stems from this;

The package isn't 100% complete.

Until it is, any release of any reference document represents fracture.

Say we release the manual today, and then we discover some amendments that need to be made to the aircraft between now and the day it goes on sale.

We now have a portion of the user base who are going to report bugs against faulty documentation.

Getting people to stay current with the aircraft-version itself is fairly easy.

Getting them to stay current with the boring "probably right anyway, maybe only one sentence changed" flight manual is NOT.

Thus we potentially open the door for a massive extra burden in tech support, a simple question becomes a whole series of to-and-fro ... the version of the manual and documentation that our valued customer is referring too must be retrieved before we can start the real process of diagnostics.

A trickle out the door to of documents that will later be pushed back in our faces is not a very productive thing, in my opinion.

A nice solid block-release is much easier for all parties and will only cost you a couple more weeks of waiting.

No money, no frustration, and no soiled reputation as users post all manner of things all over the internet.

Your last post comes across as not much more than sulking after a simple hand slap. Questions are fine, great even.

Questions, met with nice answers, continued on with 'entitled little shit' attitude, seriously pisses me off.

There is no harm in asking, but there is harm in back chat.

Personally, I would have preferred that no information at all was released about this CRJ until the entire package was ready and the links were in the store. Others, with far more right to call the shots, have decided otherwise.

I speak only for myself. Opinions here-in and in all other posts do not represent X-Aviation or it's Producers.

My product is Gizmo, my attitude is blunt, you all know this. Life is messy and brutally honest outside our confines.

I now return you to your scheduled CRJ content.

Ok, guys...

Now that a discussion has been had, I'll re-iterate (and Ben was right in a few areas here):

We are very excited to bring this product to market. Even more, we are excited for YOU to get it in your hands and enjoy the immense amount of work that has gone into this to bring it to you! There is nothing more satisfying that watching people enjoy a product that countless hours of devotion have been poured into. Really, it means a lot!

We will be releasing manuals when we're comfortable doing so. A lot goes into this, and we're not delaying anything. I know the excitement can make the wait unbearable, but rest assured we are working our tails off to get this to you as quickly as possible. We'll release things as we deem fit, and we promise...we are just as excited as you all here...possibly even more! :)

Thanks for your continued patience and for keeping up on the various topics in these forums. It's been a long road, but the reward for waiting is finally going to be paying off very soon...we promise!

Blue skies!

Oh my god, I go to sleep and a full fight comes online!! MY POPCORNS!!! WHERE ARE THEY???

Anyway... I HOPE the CRJ won't have any problem in release. There were a lot of delay making it.. don't want any more... PLEEEAAAASEEEEE!!!

What I wanted to say posting the work done with the manuals are two things:

1. the close I am to finish the product.

2. This is a new step on X-Plane. That means good things and bad things.

* Good? Systems never seen on x-plane before on the same package (I know that there are plugins that you can join together and make all work like the real one. But this is a project made with love. Where I have fight to put all together the most systems possible. Included the FMS. A FMS inside, like the planes inside FSX.

I have put all my tricks together in this plane. All my learning. This is my best plane ever, even if it was started as my second one.

* Bad?  You know Plane maker let you use 20 misc objects? I USED ALL IN THIS PLANE!!! Usually I only use 10 or so.. this time the 20.. and even I have to make a trick to put 21 objects instead of 20. And we have a system with OpenGl displays with full of motion etc etc...

What does it mean?

that the computer you have that had 40 frames on default planes and even on some payware maybe on this you will have 20-35. Dualcores have a big impact on loadworkflow.

I have a dual core and the CRJ is running at 24-35 frames or so... at high of course (if I put less graphics options I have more). THIS IS ON WINDOWS SYSTEMS.. MAC AND LINUX GOES BETTER.

BUT if you have an i7 core then you could have 80-100 frames as in my other computer with all in high. If you have a quadcore with a good graphic card then you will be ok.

So Do you want systems?.. ok.. that means heavy workflow on the computer and heat (prepare your cpu fans! on my imac dualcore windows 7 bootcamp I have 73ºC, but has been with the plane with 8 hours and no problem at all). And not as good FPS as before if you have a dualcore ON WINDOWS!!!! (MAC and linux great!) (BUT ALWAYS MORE THAN FSX BIG ADDOMS!!) Do you have your computer ready?