Unable to download component TBM 900: File not found

Mario Donick

Hi,

thanks for the constant updates of this plane! Esp. thanks for the Linux support, because a few months ago I dropped Windows on my main PC. Using this on Ubuntu 18.04, works very fine so far.

However, the update to 1.1.7 fails.

The installer is, as usual, uninstalling the previously installed version. Then it is downloading the Gizmo core files, which works fine. Once it starts to download the TBM files, it fails with a "file not found" error:

image.png.f9bcb4c5a7a293499961892d6b7b0e48.png

I tried re-starting the installer twice, same result.

Of course I also selected my main X-Plane folder.

When I click "ignore", the following message (with reference to a file name) appears:

Error writing file /mnt/4e7d6d83-75ed-44be-afb0-560a7f1c6d72/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/objects/Fuselage.obj

There are sufficient write rights to that folder, though.

3 minutes ago, DTYlan said:

Hi,

I'm also having this problem with the same error on a Ubuntu system.

I can confirm that X-Plane wasn't running and also Steam wasn't running either.

I also have sufficient write permissions.

Nothing is appearing in the syslog of my system.

Thanks.

Can you confirm you have downloaded the new installer and running that?  Older installers will not work.

1 hour ago, skiselkov said:

There are a couple of lights above the pilot's and copilot's head. The buttons are are a bit hard to see (they're unfortunately black on a black background) but that should give you a lot more ambient light in the cockpit.

Skiselkov, do you think it would be possible to implement a dimming function for the lights in a future update? 

Would be highly appreciated! 

Without lights you don't see the switches, but with the lights on the cockpit is much too bright for a night environment. 

Edited by RobW05

2 hours ago, RobW05 said:

Skiselkov, do you think it would be possible to implement a dimming function for the lights in a future update? 

Would be highly appreciated! 

Without lights you don't see the switches, but with the lights on the cockpit is much too bright for a night environment. 

I absolutely want to get this implemented, yes!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, alfakilo said:

Hi! I have the same problem on windows with the latest installer. Just wanted to update TMB for current version. Too bad the previous version had uninstalled...

A component error is due to running an older installer.  Are you sure you are running the new installer? The zip file should be named TBM_900_v1.1.13.zip