Can't Start from Cold and Dark

UH-60 Blackhawk

Prefs Gone? Check

Newly Downloaded Plugins Removed (And brought back in)?  Check

So I have hit the two things that may be the issue causer and crossed my head.  Anything else, it's 9.67, Mac 10.5.8, Default "The Jet," and Reviere's CJ1, CJ2 (Cessna 510 & 550).

Be. more. specific.! What doesn't work? Nothing happens when you turn on the Avionics\Batteries? Have you tried rebooting the computer?

I'm not an idiot Ben, if I deleted prefs, checked plugins, and posted here, do you think I would have noticed if I don't have any fuel?

No dude, the thing is that you're barely telling us anything! It's hard to help someone unless they give you every detail  ;)

Having fuel is different to setting fuel mixture levers if applicable.

Write up a checklist of operations that you do, that used to work, and now does not.

You may not be an idiot but you assume FAR too much.

Assume this: We know NOTHING. You need to explain every single step you perform to cold-start. Leave nothing out.

Making us play 40 questions to get you to your solution is not fair on us, it's a pathetic childish "serve me now" attitude.

Others may have tolerance for it, I have lived with your generations pathetic helpless attitude far more than I would like and I'm hear to pour a bucket of icey brine on your head.

Guys...Reply 2 is enough of a clue.  The mixture ratio is probably zero, which austin sets on cold and dark situations.   "mixture ratio" is Austin's very generic way of adding fuel flow to the engine...so you have to figure out what button/lever controls the fuel mixture.  If you have electricity (which you do to have the starter work) and the mixture ratio is 1 , the engines will start.

On "The Jet"...the ignition switch ..if you click and "turn" it to start...it'll set the mixture ratio to 1 and then the engine will start using CTRL-1...however, if you do not do this step first with the ignition switch, CTRL-1 will not work.

And last time I checked, the mixture goes to full rich on all aircraft when the ignition is hit, and doesn't reset.

Checklist:

1.  Batteries, Avionics, Generator, Inverter-On

2.  Fuel Gauge-Fine

3.  Hit igniters

4.  Release Igniters when N1 reaches 33%, advance throttle

5.  Get pissed off as the N1 plummets back down to zero.

Cirrus Jet - works-for-me checklist. 9.67

Cold and dark start:

1. Down arrow key to see entire 2D panel.

2. Battery On

3. Avionics On

4. Generator On

5. Click-and-hold the 3-position "ignition switch" located on the top-left of the dashboard above the avidyne speed ladder for one-second.

Outcome:

Click-and-holding the switch in step 5 sets the ignition mode to "START" - this fires up the turbine and the N1 and Fuel Flow gauges move accordingly.

6. Breaks off

7. Throttle up

The jet is now flyable.

Yes, I know how to start a plane.  I 98% sure it is a glitch somewhere in X-Plane or something along those lines.  Did check equipment failures, forget to mention earlier.  I did everything you did with The Jet up to the ignition switch, as I use command-1.  And don't get the outcome.

It's not a glitch in x-plane, I explained this to you in my post and I am 100% correct.  The mixture ratio is your problem.  if you do not use the ignition switch, the mixture will be zero and the engine will not start.  You have been given the answer and are  not listening.  Turn on the mixture dataref and watch it yourself if you don't believe me.

post-4-131369602123_thumb.png

If that is true, then how come this is the first time it has happened since I solved the issue with joysticks, engine failures, and not starting from cold and dark.  I'll check it but I doubt that is why.

Listen dude, Tom has been in the X-Plane industry for years, and by the looks of the projects he's made, he definitely knows what he's talking about. Don't try to argue everytime someone tries to help you!

If that is true, then how come this is the first time it has happened since I solved the issue with joysticks, engine failures, and not starting from cold and dark.  I'll check it but I doubt that is why.

Can I just mention something.  You telling Tom that he is wrong is like telling Austin Meyer that he is wrong.  

Tom is one of the top developers for x plane.  He has made 1 of the highest selling add ons for x plane...MU 2.  

Trust me, he knows what he is talking about.