Repaint Question

MaidenFan

the textures have to be layered. for example, the windows, doors, and rivets, are all on one layer. you would then create a new layer underneath that layer and paint it, but the windows, doors, and rivets, you still be above that layer and you could therefore see them :). hope this helps!

I messed around for a while and made a livery with the new paint kit. I saved the files as PNG's and made a livery folder. When I try to load the livery in the sim, it tells me that some textures are missing and then the plane shows up as a plain grey color. I made my folder like the other liveries, so I don't see why there's a problem.

Create a new layer on top of the blank texture layer.  Change the layer mode to multiply.  That allows the layer underneath to show through.

Good suggestion steven. I too am having some 'Photoshop challenges'! I need to change a sampled colour (like white) to transparent, I have Photoshop elements 9, have asked Dr Google but can't find anything yet. Sorry to butt in Rush!

You weren't butting in. I would like for more people to post photoshop challenges on here because the chances are, I will approach that problem later.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'll figure that thing out when I get time later.

Good attitude Rush, I often find answers in other threads like this before having to ask a Q.

Thanks to Steve too, for trying to answer my query.

Here's the specific question -

Below is a screenshot of a snazzy Ambient Occlusion effect I've managed to get in Blender - it reminds me of Theo and Goran's and all the other great Dev's effects.

i'm pleased to get a hint of the effect, but now am stumped as to how to apply it to my textures. I'm happy with the base textures of the 'crapper' (the crapware toilet, with all its filth), but as an experiment would like to apply the darker pixels in the below image. So I need to remove all the white, leaving the little darker pixels, then I can just insert the effect as another layer. The magic wand is too heavy, it takes alot of the white with it. In PS Elements 9, I can't find a way to sample the lighter colours to remove them. I've read one method is to access the image/mode/colour table, but I can't get that to activate

Anyone got an idea? This would be great to add some real looking highlights. I'm really new to this Blender stuff, so maybe I'm approaching it the wrong way?

post-985-131369599784_thumb.jpg