You choose the next side project...

Goran_M

What add on would you like Theo and I to make as a side project?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What add on would you like Theo and I to make as a side project?

• DC-3
    • F-14D Tomcat
    • Beech Duke (Royal Turbine Engines) 301kts!!!
    • Hamilton Island airport scenery
    • Beech 1900D

X-Plane isn't a proper flight simulator until it gets a proper DC-3 :)

On a completely unrelated note, those renders you posted look like resin models created from 3D printers. For a variable amount of money you could send your meshes to one of the 3d printing agencies and get a little resin model of your DC-3 in return!

Im all for a good DC3, I have been flying Hienz's version ever since I got it......heck, even paid for the updated 9 version!

Since you have already made a huge start on the DC3 why not finish it and then maybe do a 1900d??

I call it best of both worlds :) But thats just me :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

I know not now, but a P-3 Orion would be incredible for a future, more complicated project. I'm for the DC-3 right now though!!!! I got to fly in one a few years ago with my dad's friend. I got to stand behind the pilots while they landed, and I'll tell you what; it wasn't the prettiest landing.

I agree, a nice P-3/L-188 would be amazing. My list goes B1900D, DC3, L-188/P-3.

Goran,

IF your going to do the DC-3, do you have specific time frame in mind or is this all up in the air?

Thanks.

I never have specific timeframes anymore.  My rough timeframe is, whatever wins the vote, will be finished sometime in the next 3-5 months.  But I need to know soon so I can start planning.

That's why I started the poll when I did.  Gives people time to vote while I finish the Saab and both updates to the Duchess and Sundowner.  It also gives me time to start getting maintenance manuals (which are not easy to get).

• 3 weeks later...

Goran,

Being a member of DC Airways ;) (http://www.dc3airways.com/), I'm going to post a link to this topic in our forums,

if your still going to produce and release this beautiful aircraft, could you possibly add it to the "Work in Progress" page.

I for one am really hoping this comes to fruition.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Since I finished the GPU for the Saab, I have started other work.  1 of these is continuing work on the DC-3. 

I'll be more than happy to post WIP screenshots some time in the next week after I take care of a few things.

Looks like a decent site.  I'll be checking it out.