What Next Plane

Japo32

What plane would you like me to make next?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What plane would you like me to make next?

• Historical
    • Modern Fighter
    • Airliner (TurboProp or Jet)
    • General Aviation
    • Helicopter
    • Space
    • Sailor

A B1900d would be great!!!

The only payware version I know of, and have in my hangar, is the STMA version. Its a 1900c (cargo model), made in v8 but works in v9. Its showing its age though.....but still fun to fly. Maybe its time the commuters got an airing.....plenty of heavy metal for the heavy junkies out there.....what about us commuters????

:)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

How about reusing the fmc from the crj in a saab 2000?

first Anton has to end it. Later we can see... But still toooooooo much work to do on FMS  >:(

I know, hence the recommendation - you get more aircraft out of the same work.

Don't sweat it Javier, it'll all work out fine in the end, and if the pressure get's too much, take a little break - perhaps do another scenery.

I know the crj is overhyped and that must be an added weight on your shoulders.

The suggestion above for a b1900d is an awesome one though :) simple plane, would be great done by you.

A stupid question (maybe):

Isnt it a bad idea to model a "modern fighter"? Jrollon stands for high quality and high fidelity.

Nobody will never get enough information about mordern fighter systems to produce a model in the same quality.

(Modern) fighters are a job for talented 3d artists doing a great exterior model without great system depth ...

@japo: I will buy your mentor soon, because its drm-free and looks amazing! Great work :P

I would vote for A380!!!  ;D

A stupid question (maybe):

Isnt it a bad idea to model a "modern fighter"? Jrollon stands for high quality and high fidelity.

Nobody will never get enough information about mordern fighter systems to produce a model in the same quality.

(Modern) fighters are a job for talented 3d artists doing a great exterior model without great system depth ...

All of Javier's released aircraft are plugin free.

By this reasoning (Modern) fighters (without system depth - like the Javelin) would be perfect for him.

Javier is a very talented 3d artist and is producing work at the top end of x-plane. My only gripe is that I find some of his artwork (shiny surrounds of gauges in cockpit of the Mentor and seamax for example) can look more computer game-ish than the more subdued look of other developers such as leading edge or x-scenery.

The CRJ cockpit doesn't have any of that so looks lovely :P

Ok.. I am watching this poll-post and still haven't decided jet. But I have little ideas what people want.

But I am a bit sad that only 81 people voted. If I release a plane, maybe 20% of those poeple would buy it.

From the numbers of all my planes released, they are not enough money earned for the time and the effort done. My big bet is the CRJ but the plane is full of problems to end it.

So right now in these days I feel a little depressing about all of that, and I am watching how the CRJ project continues hope to a clear good ending.

In the middle I am making the 3D cockpit of the 747, so I have enough work for that.

I will see....

Thanks!

I think the x-plane market is still in it's infancy Javier.

The CRJ is unique in that I see interest from a wider audience than the "x-plane as a main sim" flyers. It's an aircraft that will bring people to x-plane for it, I think Ben and Austin can see that.

I own every one of your released planes. I buy them to support more than fly, as I know the x-plane market is still small, but will hopefully grow. It needs those few features (hopefully in v10) to reach a point where a flood of people will come over. (I know, it's been said for years).

The CRJ will help contribute to that as well. The quality and availability of add-ons for x-plane is vastly superior to when I migrated back in 2010.

For many: without the add-ons, they will not come, so the add-on market needs to develop first.

Don't underprice the CRJ and don't lose heart.

I bought X-Plane solely because I wanted to fly the MU-2 and Tyler's was the only one on the scene.  After that I got sucked into flying helicopters which felt so much better to me in X-Plane than in FSX.  Once the BK-117 came out, and other high quality products started appearing (I love the SeaMax and the T-34 is next on my purchase list [can't get everything at once after all]), I more or less dumped my FSX and solely fly in X-Plane now.

The whole point being that innovative products can pull people in, at least it did for me.  I think that you, Javier, are well positioned to attract more people like myself.  Of course I have no idea what actual sales numbers are like for X-Plane products, and the pay-off for time invested ratios, etc. But no need to be depressed I'm thinking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Waiting for Xplane 10: FSX is already in the garbage, still on FS9 and patiently waiting. Have been watching progress about the CRJ and now that she is out I want to tell you something...untill your future projects concerning airliners will show a 3d cockpit, a virtual cabin and and join, within the limits of the simulation, the reality (like CRJ seems to do) I'LL BUY ALL OF THEM (DC9-30, MD80, B737-200/300 and next generation, DC10, B707, A319/320/321/330/340, etc..No matter what they'll cost!

You better start thinking in terms of thousands like me and liters of coffee. You'll need it, I'm afraid! :P

Sal

So right now in these days I feel a little depressing about all of that

Snap out of it man!  *slap *slap.  You're in the right business even if it takes a while.  Return on investments can take years.  You'll thank yourself later for fighting through it and regret it if you don't.  Let's just get this V10 business out the door so we can focus on our own projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my personell wishlist Javier:

Basically I'ld love having an adjusted CRJ to CL850 model. Systems remain the same.

1 Business Aviation

- Global Express BD-700 (Bombardier)

The GLEX is not too far off the CRJ (systems to code) but has very long capabilities. It is THE  Business Jet (next to GV)

- Gulfstream V (GV)

see GLEX above but more far off CRJ

- Challenger 604/5 (Bombardier)

Little brother of the GLEX and very popular in Charter Business

2. Airliners

- Airbus 320

I remember you already made 320 modeling. Go on with it please.

- Airbus 330 / 340

Most common long range airliners in Europe and still none avbl (good ones) for XPlane.

Whatever you'll create. I surely will buy it As I really love the CRJ!! But just one little promising from your side please: spend some time with Teo ;-)

Cheers