3D Shots and Renders - showoff what you have been working on.

Kieran

Could you perhaps share which HDRI you used? I've been looking for a good one that gives nice results for quite awhile now and haven't found anything that gives me quite what I want, but yours looks almost exactly like what I'm looking for :)

Yep,

here is the original I've modified: http://www.bzfusion.net/skymaps/angmap12.jpg (http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?24038-Free-high-res-skymaps-%28Massive-07-update!%29)

And the modified: http://x-plane.hu/temp/angmap24.jpg - got rid of that "too" blue sky :)

Good Luck! :)

One thing that bothers me about some of the modeling in Xplane is the lighting or at least simulated lighting. Airbus, I think that is an absolutely GORGEOUS cockpit and the shadows you've baked (i'm assuming) into the panel are epic. That said, the rudder pedals seem to have a direct light source on them in the daylight. I see many panels or cockpit features modeled beautifully, but then there's no depth to it. Are you planning on toning down the pedals at all? Most times (IRL), they just blend into the background down there...

One thing that bothers me about some of the modeling in Xplane is the lighting or at least simulated lighting. Airbus, I think that is an absolutely GORGEOUS cockpit and the shadows you've baked (i'm assuming) into the panel are epic. That said, the rudder pedals seem to have a direct light source on them in the daylight. I see many panels or cockpit features modeled beautifully, but then there's no depth to it. Are you planning on toning down the pedals at all? Most times (IRL), they just blend into the background down there...

Thanks glad you like it so far.

The rudder pedals are straight exports out of blender. They have no textures at all; they're just blank objects at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice Kieran!

Well, Simmo talked about the Sydney tower in Toms thread about XP10 in the scenery development forum. Got my fingers itching.. After about 40 minutes I've got this. That spiral is tricky, so just a mockup of it so far.

Can't believe I missed that Ola. That was pretty quick, though it's the texturing that seems to be the real pain in the whatsit ultimately!

This hardly of the standard to really 'show off', but I'm rapt some of this blender stuff is starting to sink in! Thanks Pete, for some hellish, but very efficient (to learn) tutorials from Blendercookie.

Notice the authentic Aussie TV antenna/aerial, blender really makes that organic look much easier than sketchup (never thought I'd say that).

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...