IXEG 737 classic crashed x-plane

lazlo52

Seems the IXEG 737 has crashed my Xplane. I now get a completely black screen. When I open the preset views and click on any view, I get the following message in red 
96.261 : RunLuaFunction (xp) : OnMouseClick : [string "IXEG 733.camera.control.lua.aes"] : 119: attempt to perform arithmetic on nil value
Tried disabling the Lua plugin but still a black screen now when X-Plane loaded with any aircraft. Same when I change views to the outside. 

Only way round it is to re-install X-Plane and download all my add-ons. Any advice please would be appreciated.

I have managed to get xplane to run properly at the moment. As long as I stop using the preset views that came with the 737, it all seems to work. The crash happens when I click the preset view for the captain. If I use the views programmed into my number pad, all seems to work ok.

14 hours ago, lazlo52 said:

Seems the IXEG 737 has crashed my Xplane. I now get a completely black screen. When I open the preset views and click on any view, I get the following message in red 
96.261 : RunLuaFunction (xp) : OnMouseClick : [string "IXEG 733.camera.control.lua.aes"] : 119: attempt to perform arithmetic on nil value
Tried disabling the Lua plugin but still a black screen now when X-Plane loaded with any aircraft. Same when I change views to the outside. 

Only way round it is to re-install X-Plane and download all my add-ons. Any advice please would be appreciated.

Thanks for the report, will see if I can reproduce this based on the gizmo message. 

I thought I had sorted the problem. But when I start to power up from cold and dark, the battery cover is down. I connect ground power but get no power anywhere. Tried even to start the APU which does not. So, I uninstalled the 737 and re-installed then added the hotfix. No change at all. No power anywhere on the plane as though the batteries are flat. Tried switching to the turn around and all seems ok. it late in the evening to do a test flight so will attempt tomorrow. 

I must say it is an excellent plane to fly, just hope I can get over this snag.

Hi - do you run any third party stuff like Saitek panel or so? This might interfere with our battery switch.

If you run down the battery (by accident) you can reload the plane, or you can use the "recharge battery" command in the "IXEG failures) menu. Without any battery power, no AC supplier will work (you can´t even connect the GPU, as battery power is needed to close the breaker).

Also make sure you have enough fuel - if you run out and exit the flight, on your next flight you will have zero fuel again (and engines and APU die). Order fuel through the PREFLIGHT menu or the GROUND SERVICES menu.

Jan

36 minutes ago, lazlo52 said:

I thought I had sorted the problem. But when I start to power up from cold and dark, the battery cover is down. I connect ground power but get no power anywhere. Tried even to start the APU which does not. So, I uninstalled the 737 and re-installed then added the hotfix. No change at all. No power anywhere on the plane as though the batteries are flat. Tried switching to the turn around and all seems ok. it late in the evening to do a test flight so will attempt tomorrow. 

I must say it is an excellent plane to fly, just hope I can get over this snag.

Do a favor yourself...

Attach here your xplane -log.txt- file found on your xplane root folder -after- a crash so we can see what is going on to give you an educated answer instead of trial & error and continuos guessing.

you are running A LARGE number a plugins that can easily crash the aircraft if configured incorrectly. Easiest course of action would be to remove (do not disable - remove) all of them from your plugins folder, make a few flights to confirm no more crashes, then you can re-install them one by one to see which one is the offender.

These are the plugins you are running,

x-assign

planecommand

XPUIPC

Xsaitekpanels

XSaitekProFlight

XSquawkBox

x-life

GndHandling

FM

iTow

WorldTraffic

WorldTrafficRTG

MaxxFX

efassxpsm

you are also running the ones below i do not think represent any issue

Flywithlua (but remove water script to test)

RealWeatherConnector

Xchecklist

skymaxxpro

Edited by mmerelles

Removed the plugins as requested. Plane still starts with the battery cover down. Raised the cover and turned battery switch off and got another red line error. I have attached the gizmo log which shows the error at the end.

Recharge Batteries as suggested earlier does nothing.

I can fly the plane but only if I start in turnaround mode. Not tried with the engines running options yet.

GizmoLog.txt

Battery switch cover is down in the cold and dark state. 

Have attached the log file as requested. I have also attached a picture of the overhead in the cold and dark state. Batteries completely flat and unable to recharge. Raising the switch cover and turning off the battery switch causes a gizmo error.

I will say, if I am the only one with this problem then it must be something I have done or not done and I will not mind if you don't want to proceed to help rectify, I can still fly this excellent plane in turn around mode.

Log.txt

B733_1.png

4 hours ago, lazlo52 said:

Battery switch cover is down in the cold and dark state. 

Have attached the log file as requested. I have also attached a picture of the overhead in the cold and dark state. Batteries completely flat and unable to recharge. Raising the switch cover and turning off the battery switch causes a gizmo error.

I will say, if I am the only one with this problem then it must be something I have done or not done and I will not mind if you don't want to proceed to help rectify, I can still fly this excellent plane in turn around mode.

Log.txt

B733_1.png

As Jan said, you have to physically remove your plugins in order to put them out of the equation. Considering you are the only one with this problem, I'd suspect it's one of your plugins.

5 hours ago, lazlo52 said:

I did physically remove all the listed plugins, I cut them out and put them in a different drive.

If Jan is getting stroppy, please forget I mentioned this and sorry for wasting your time.

Make sure you removed all of your plugins.  Except Gizmo ofcourse. And repost a new log from running x plane after you removed all of your plugins. 

I completely emptied the plugin folder except for Gizmo and rebooted the computer. XPlane would not start so had to reinstall the XPLM plugin. Restarted Xplane but battery switch still down and with no power. Checked plugin folder and still world traffic plugins installed with airports. Removed all the airports with ground traffic plugins, rebooted the computer, and started Xplane. Checked plugins at top of screen which now only shows Gizmo. 737 still started in cold and dark with the batteryswitch cover down and no power to the plane again. Next to the battery switch is a standby power switch. If I lift the cover of that and switch that to battery, all the power comes on, switch to auto and power goes off, close the cover of the standby power switch and all power goes off.

Log file is attached.

Log.txt

Ok, your log shows that indeed no other plugins are running - thank you for taking the effort to accomplish that.

The problem you show is most peculiar - in the screenshot you supplied everything looks like it should - the cover is open and the battery switch is on OFF. This is what it should look like when you boot in "cold and dark".

Now you should be able to close the cover (or move the battery switch to ON, that is the same effect).

If you get power when moving the standby power switch to BATTERY you are bypassing the automatic disconnection of standby power while on the ground, so that seems to work correctly. This also hints that the battery is not drained, and it should be full after reloading the aicraft in any case.

Can you post the gizmo_log.txt after you get the gizmo crash? That might help us see what is going on.

Thank you, Jan

2 minutes ago, lazlo52 said:

Sorry but my screenshot shows battery cover is closed. Yes I have tried to recharge the battery.

The gizmo crash occurs when I open the battery switch then turn battery off then on.

Gizmo log attached.

GizmoLog.txt

Your screen shot shows the battery cover open. Not closed. Can you take a video of what you are doing to cause the crash. 

Edited by poodster