[1.0.4] Wrong SID drawing - EGCC POL5R

Tom Stian

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh...I have never seen this one before.  There is a waypoint of type "Runway" in the Sid departure procedure.  My code doesn't even attempt to handle these becasue it never expected them.   It should not be there period.  I am wondering if this will be a constant struggle with the nav data...always watching out for "abnormal stuff" and having to code around it.  I am wondering if we should try to code around it, or contact the provider for "fixing"?   If I simply open the XML and delete the offending waypoint altogether then this is what I get......and probably a lot closer to what you want Tom ;)

-tkyler

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 2.20.37 PM.png

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

I am wondering if we should try to code around it, or contact the provider for "fixing"?   If I simply open the XML and delete the offending waypoint altogether then this is what I get......and probably a lot closer to what you want Tom ;)

-tkyler

Does Aerosoft have this also ?

Maybe both, contact the provider and get it fixed, and code a rutine, for failsafe, that remove ID="1" from a SID if the type is runway. If it is so simple ;)

<Sid Name="POL5R" Runways="23R">
      <Sid_Waypoint ID="1">
        <Name>RW23R</Name>
        <Type>Runway</Type>
        <Latitude>53.361319</Latitude>
        <Longitude>-2.259281</Longitude>
        <Speed>0</Speed>
        <Altitude>0</Altitude>
        <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
        <AltitudeRestriction>at</AltitudeRestriction>
        <Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
        <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
        <Sp_Turn>Auto</Sp_Turn>
      </Sid_Waypoint>

<Sid_Waypoint ID="2">
        <Name>MCT</Name>
        <Type>DmeIntc</Type>
        <Latitude>53.357025</Latitude>
        <Longitude>-2.262289</Longitude>
        <Speed>0</Speed>
        <Altitude>760</Altitude>
        <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
        <AltitudeRestriction>above</AltitudeRestriction>
        <Hdg_Crs>0</Hdg_Crs>
        <Hdg_Crs_value>233</Hdg_Crs_value>
        <Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
        <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
        <DMEtoIntercept>3.0</DMEtoIntercept>
        <Sp_Turn>Auto</Sp_Turn>
      </Sid_Waypoint>

Edited by Tom Stian

Did a content search in all files in SidStar folder. And got 219 hits in 41 files when searching for <Sid_Waypoint ID="1">\r\n        <Name>RW

I havent quality checked this result. The search requires that the next line after <Sid_Waypoint ID="1"> have 8 blank spaces before <Name>

So its 41 airports that have "runway" as the first waypoint in the SID, of the 6805. So I guess I was "lucky" that found one of them ^^

LTefpgw.png

Edited by Tom Stian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I dont know your progress on this, maybe it is solved.

But I checked Navigraph cycle 1607, and there is only one airport that have changed (DTTF) from cycle 1606, concerning the runway as first waypoint.

Cycle 1607

LFzMo3F.png

The difference on one SID at DTTF.

Cycle1606                                                                                                Cycle 1607

kJA5JyE.png

Edited by Tom Stian

That's only for Navigraph. I know Aerosoft includes many legs of the type "fix to an altitude" in their data for the X-Plane GNS430 GPS (e.g. LSGG SID procedures); not sure about their IXEG data.

That being said, "fix to <something>" where the first fix is the runway threshold is really not much different than a "course to <same something as before>" and the legs should contain enough information to magically convert it internally should the IXEG code require it.