My 11 planes since April 2008 until the new ones for XPlane10 on new video!!

Japo32

Could you post the comparison shots here? I'm not a AVSIM user.

Not even Aerosoft's 747 is correct in this regard, Mathijs Kok admitted they exaggerated the hump greatly "to please its costumers". 

Regardless if it's correct or not it's a big step up from the default models that shipped with v9. Don't expect payware quality from the default fleet (although they are pretty close). I bet Javier could have spent a year alone on the 747, but I think it's increadible what he has achieved in so little time. In the end it comes down to what Austin decides. So if there's something you're not pleases with, it's probably a better idea to direct your wishes in that direction!

Absolutely amazing! I never cared much for the space travel features in XP, seeing the earth from space or flying in Mars, but after looking at the new space shuttle by Javier, it seems that I am on my way to become an virtual astronaut with the release of XP10. That is until the CRJ200 hits the X-Aviation market place, once that birdie leaves the nest it will definitely become my plane of choice, leaving my Mentor, Corvalis and C152 in the hangar on call for the occasional VFR flights.

I love flying online on IVAO and VATSIM when there is ATC present and normally do short flights, 45min to 1Hr. Anything longer I find a bit boring, I really enjoy the preflight, departure, approach and landing phases of flight, when the on route phase is not too long. The CRJ will fit perfectly for my kind of flying... I can't wait. That and a turboprop like the upcoming Saab will make me very happy.

Could you post the comparison shots here? I'm not a AVSIM user.

Not even Aerosoft's 747 is correct in this regard, Mathijs Kok admitted they exaggerated the hump greatly "to please its costumers". 

Regardless if it's correct or not it's a big step up from the default models that shipped with v9. Don't expect payware quality from the default fleet (although they are pretty close). I bet Javier could have spent a year alone on the 747, but I think it's increadible what he has achieved in so little time. In the end it comes down to what Austin decides. So if there's something you're not pleases with, it's probably a better idea to direct your wishes in that direction!

Compare this

http://x-plane.com/images/v10/aircraft/week2/747_distance_shot.jpg

to this

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-747-422/1772424/&sid=e400e2ea46099d1e38b978ae0ba0943e

Notice how the "hump" should actually start bending down just after the second set of windows on the top deck.  In the XP10 model it starts bending down after the first set of windows on the top deck.

Surely this is easy to fix?   It's so obviously wrong its hard to believe it hasn't been noticed before by JRollon.  It's not like its just a rivet out of place, it's the entire second half of the top deck roof. 

Surely this is easy to fix?   It's so obviously wrong its hard to believe it hasn't been noticed before by JRollon.  It's not like its just a rivet out of place, it's the entire second half of the top deck roof.  

This is an aircraft included to you as value added in the sim, and leaps ahead of what is offered with the current default 747 in version 9. If you're not happy with it, you can surely create one yourself or wait for a proper payware quality model to come about with all the bells and whistles for your critiquing desire. The objective of default aircraft is to please the MASS audience, and I can assure you that the model shown will without a doubt please the majority vote. Those that critique like yourself (even MYSELF) are in the minority.

The timeline currently set by Laminar to do things within a certain amount of days vs. how much work there IS to do on the table does not make going back to these aircraft and correcting every small detail for a default aircraft viable.

This is an aircraft included to you as value added in the sim, and leaps ahead of what is offered with the current default 747 in version 9. If you're not happy with it, you can surely create one yourself or wait for a proper payware quality model to come about with all the bells and whistles for your critiquing desire. The objective of default aircraft is to please the MASS audience, and I can assure you that the model shown will without a doubt please the majority vote. Those that critique like yourself (even MYSELF) are in the minority.

The timeline currently set by Laminar to do things within a certain amount of days vs. how much work there IS to do on the table does not make going back to these aircraft and correcting every small detail for a default aircraft viable.

Yes but IMHO he should correct it (on his own time) as a matter of pride.  Such an obvious "bug" in the model reflects badly on his reputation as a AAA developer for X-Plane. 

Yes but IMHO he should correct it (on his own time) as a matter of pride.  Such an obvious "bug" in the model reflects badly on his reputation as a AAA developer for X-Plane. 

He's got plenty of works available and to come to prove otherwise. Your statement holds little ground.

Javier does great work, and his pride rides in his own knowledge that he does good work. A hump on a default 747 is the least of his worries. :D

Matthews.. I am sorry but my plans are not to correct that "bug". For me is not a bug. For me is the best default external model of a 747-400 you can find in any simulator. Included Microsoft flight simulator all versions. And the time it takes for me to correct it would be less time on other things that we consider much more important to do.

For sure you will find the perfect 747-400 from commertial vendors, because we want vendors to make planes and addoms on x-plane. But for me is really the best default 747 already.

When you build things.. or model things.. or you are in projects you must pay attention on details.. but if you put too much attention, you can make the project die. That is something I have learned and are still learning. But who think something is good enough? We could say that costumers are always right.. but because every person has his own opinions then the one that is right is the chief of the project, and I think he is very pleased with my work already.

Anyway... for sure you will enjoy taking photos of it on next x-plane10.

About my reputation as AAA developer. Sorry but I never thought about reputation and don't care too much about it. I try not to mantain a reputation. I try to enjoy working in what I love. But you know.. I can "love a girl".. and other could hate the same girl!! hehe

best!

Javier

Javier does great work, and his pride rides in his own knowledge that he does good work. A hump on a default 747 is the least of his worries. :D

Yes he does do great work but how could he miss this very obvious error with the hump?  You seem to be implying that because its the default 747 then quality doesn't matter.  Surely it's precisely because it is default 747 that quality matters more since this aircraft more than any other in XP10 will be held up as the "poster boy" for XP10, and therefore should not contain such a serious flaw like this, just IMHO of course.

Matthews.. I am sorry but my plans are not to correct that "bug". For me is not a bug. For me is the best default external model of a 747-400 you can find in any simulator. Included Microsoft flight simulator all versions. And the time it takes for me to correct it would be less time on other things that we consider much more important to do.

Yes true its definitely the best default 747 external model in any sim!  Shame about the roof though, it could have been almost "perfect" with that fixed.

For sure you will find the perfect 747-400 from commertial vendors, because we want vendors to make planes and addoms on x-plane. But for me is really the best default 747 already.

When you build things.. or model things.. or you are in projects you must pay attention on details.. but if you put too much attention, you can make the project die. That is something I have learned and are still learning. But who think something is good enough? We could say that costumers are always right.. but because every person has his own opinions then the one that is right is the chief of the project, and I think he is very pleased with my work already.

Anyway... for sure you will enjoy taking photos of it on next x-plane10.

About my reputation as AAA developer. Sorry but I never thought about reputation and don't care too much about it. I try not to mantain a reputation. I try to enjoy working in what I love. But you know.. I can "love a girl".. and other could hate the same girl!! hehe

best!

Javier

Javier, I have to say I admire you greatly, with everything you do and say! Your way to deal with questions or comments and such always makes me look up to you! I love your reasoning and the way you say you try to enjoy working rather than try to earn a very good reputation, if you have fun with it chances are you're gonna be more motivated to work, and chances are it's gonna end up looking great in the end. The CRJ speaks for itself (so does the Mentor, Seamax etc) it shows your way with modeling, and how much of a genius you are at it. I truly admire you Javier, you're like a superhuman who has descended on Earth  ;D

well... I understand mathews really well. The desire to see something you would like to have.... you vision is what it make me make videogames, and later make these planes.

What I try to make people understand is that I am not a robot. I don't make, and don't want to make, the perfect planes.. like they are on real world. I try to make them with the vision I have of them. Well.... don't misunderstand me... I don't make them cartoonist... and I love cartoon stuff.. but I put textures more saturated... I put more dirty... and I don't care too much on details but more on sensations that plane put me on.

For that reason I make flex wings more flex that on real aircrafts... for that reason I "forget" those things Mathews or other people see... and don't like... because I don't try to make the perfect thing for everyone (that is imposible) I try to enjoy building those planes. And that is all!

.... by the way... Yes.. I see that of Karma... but how does it work? I didn't know that was on there!! haha. Does people give you their votes or something?? haha....

Love that post Javier, like your planes, from the heart!

the other day, I flew your Mentor in a very rare condition for me- during daytime! I was enthralled at the scratches and reflections on the canopy as the light passed over it, beautiful, very distracting, great!

Does Matthew have a valid point? Yes, he has made it known and is now overstating it. Will the bump bother many people? Probably yes. Is it worthwhile fixing? Maybe not. I congratulate Javier with what he has achieved in such a short space of time. Even though it would be first prize to fix it, I wouldn't respect Javier any less if he didn't.

Please don't use this karma tool as a bullying mechanism when people disagree. I would like to make a suggestion to the mods to remove this system entirely.

Please don't use this karma tool as a bullying mechanism when people disagree. I would like to make a suggestion to the mods to remove this system entirely.

I agree. It's a silly feature we can live without. When someone (without naming names) can go from karma of zero to a negative 50 or below without consequenses or showing the willingness to change their behaviour and be able to "take a hint" that their behavior is unacceptable somethings wrong. These individuals should have been banned or given a last warning a long time ago.

It's great that X-Pilot has a less restrictive policy and that banning is something they try to avoid, and I do aknowledge that people can change, but it's doesn't look like the karma system is working the way it was supposed to. Perhaps some new rules should be enforced, say, e.g. when you reach a negative karma of -5 your're account is frozen for a week before you're allowed to return? Something along those lines...