Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.5.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.5.3 update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. All customers who have purchased the Take Command! CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Take Command! CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.5.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the Take Command!: CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

General changes:

• New, friendlier activation system
  • X-Plane 10 compatible only
  • 64-bit compatible only
Under the hood changes (primarily carryover from 1.5.2):
  • 64-bit X-Plane compatibility introduced
  • Corrected fuel quantity indication in CDU menu
  • Adjusted APU fuel consumption
  • Corrected behavior of fuel pumps at very low fuel quantities
  • Corrected bleed air indications in case of engine failure
  • Company route name is now displayed correctly
  • Remote CDU now detects iPad browser and disables touch-scrolling ONLY when displayed on an iPad
We realize this update took a long while to get out, and we appreciate your patience throughout the process. 64-bit proved to be a challenging task to achieve in some situations, but we're pleased to get this out to you as an end result of a lot of long hours and dedication to the conversion process.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 3

The update is much appreciated!

I do have a couple of questions though:

1.  Is it really necessary for the DRM to check itself once every 5 seconds?  A long flight will really fill up the log.  Even if just left at the end of a runway, it'll fill up the log.

2.  If I quit X-Plane with the CRJ loaded, the CRJ Avionics plugin occassionally hangs and prevents X-Plane from closing.  I need to force quit X-Plane.  If I switch away from the CRJ to any other aircraft before quitting X-Plane, no problem.

My wife actually came running over to me to ask "what's wrong?!" when I got the email regarding the CRJ-200 update. She thought I was going to keel over.

Very excited about this. PilotEdge now supports SFO, so I'm going to try a SAN to SFO run right now and stretch the CRJ's legs a bit more than I have in the past!

Thanks for getting this update done, guys. It's greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

1. Is it really necessary for the DRM to check itself once every 5 seconds? A long flight will really fill up the log. Even if just left at the end of a runway, it'll fill up the log.

2. If I quit X-Plane with the CRJ loaded, the CRJ Avionics plugin occassionally hangs and prevents X-Plane from closing. I need to force quit X-Plane. If I switch away from the CRJ to any other aircraft before quitting X-Plane, no problem.

The log filling is an oversight. We'll fix it. Everyone has been pretty burnt out over the months with debugging, so thanks for your understanding.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for getting this update done, guys. It's greatly appreciated.

Man oh man this is great!

I'm @ work Cameron .. all set for a day of wallowing in the misery of Mondayitis ... and you spring this on me! Mate, you're the best! Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

And the same to the others who did the same! :) We all appreciate it.

Thanks a lot. Taking out for a spin I noticed the wing lights not operational. Is this intentionally like this or might there be a problem on my end?

As page 94 indicates in your manual, wing inspection lights are not operational. It's been that way since day one.

1.  Is it really necessary for the DRM to check itself once every 5 seconds?  A long flight will really fill up the log.  Even if just left at the end of a runway, it'll fill up the log.

2.  If I quit X-Plane with the CRJ loaded, the CRJ Avionics plugin occassionally hangs and prevents X-Plane from closing.  I need to force quit X-Plane.  If I switch away from the CRJ to any other aircraft before quitting X-Plane, no problem.

Appreciate the concern about Log pollution. 

We'll tidy it up, but it's not something I think you need to worry about while you fly.

Here's why:

60 * 60 = 3600

/ 5 = 720 reports an hour.

Log packet is approx 244 bytes.

244 * 720 = 175,680 bytes per hour

175,680* 24 = 4,216,320 bytes per day

So your exposure is about 4 megs per day of continuous sim use.

• Upvote 1

64bit only??? Does it mean it won't work on 32bit? The X-Ivap client for IVAO is 32bit only and I still can't run the sim under 64bit.

That's precisely what it means.

1.5.2 is the exact same as this update, except it is for 32-bit. If you want to stick with 32-bit, then stick with 1.5.2. There's no difference to the features.

• Upvote 2

Appreciate the concern about Log pollution. 

We'll tidy it up, but it's not something I think you need to worry about while you fly.

Here's why:

60 * 60 = 3600

/ 5 = 720 reports an hour.

Log packet is approx 244 bytes.

244 * 720 = 175,680 bytes per hour

175,680* 24 = 4,216,320 bytes per day

So your exposure is about 4 megs per day of continuous sim use.

Fair enough.  But it is the highest resolution license check I have ever seen.  :)

• Upvote 1

Fair enough.  But it is the highest resolution license check I have ever seen.  :)

The timer was sent to Philip as an example. A serving suggestion, if you will.

Gizmo licensing has to-the-second resolution, which leaves the possibility of trials/rentals/bonuses, all sorts of things.

It's at the discretion of the content author and publisher as to how they setup their timing.

A reasonably small time delay also means that we can automatically display the registration wizard in a timely manner when starting, restarting or reconfiguring your airplanes...

The CRJ plugin need only query if the license is good and Gizmo handles the rest.

This makes it very simple for authors to integrate and compile the DRM code in their plugin.

(It did take a while to -get- here, but it's the best content protection solution we've had yet by a very wide margin, for all parties.)

An initial release defaulting to more (yet, reasonable) log data is always the best bet when deploying a new system to a wide range of unknown computers. Thankfully we haven't needed the data yet, but if we had, we knew it was going to be there. :)

Trivia:

Did you know that the entire system bus for something like an Xbox 360 is encrypted? All the data, on all the wires, all the time. (well, from very shortly after boot...)

5 seconds is fairly low, it's just that you get to see it. :)

• Upvote 1

Hi to all

thanks a heap for gettin my crj back out of the hanger, the hornets where starting to build nest on it... . I activated, no problem but the Xaviation thingy is still across the screen, kinda annoying. what i need to do? 

thanks

Hi to all
thanks a heap for gettin my crj back out of the hanger, the hornets where starting to build nest on it... . I activated, no problem but the Xaviation thingy is still across the screen, kinda annoying. what i need to do? 

thanks

oh, and gizmo keeps poping up ,,demo has expired ????

This sounds like you are opening the old 32-bit version. It also sounds like you moved the CRJ from the X-Aviation folder. DO NOT DO THIS.

Now that that is out of the way, the CRJ you want to open is located: Aircraft/X-Aviation/Bombardier CRJ-200

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic