Another set to show off for today.

Enjoy! :)

NWA1.jpg

NWA2.jpg

NWA3.jpg

NWA4.jpg

NWA5.jpg

======================================================================

Adding one more photo here...this is one in a lights toned down config. You can do so using the lighting adjustment knobs. Note the blue tint on the art horizon.

lights_off.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice looking cockpit, just wondering about the addition of a Garmin 430 (?) that was discussed a while back...

For some reason I think there was talk of having a panel with a 430 added, simply as an advanced navigation equipment option.  Is this being pushed back for another update, as if it is, that is alright.

Very nice looking cockpit, just wondering about the addition of a Garmin 430 (?) that was discussed a while back...

For some reason I think there was talk of having a panel with a 430 added, simply as an advanced navigation equipment option.  Is this being pushed back for another update, as if it is, that is alright.

It's not in the 340A. It's not in this aircraft.

You'll have two things to help you out here:

1. A pretty manual to teach you about the autopilot and some of it's unique functions.

3. A pretty manual to teach you how to fly like the real guys do without the GPS.

For some reason I think there was talk of having a panel with a 430 added, simply as an advanced navigation equipment option.  Is this being pushed back for another update, as if it is, that is alright.

A Garmin would be great, but then you wouldn't get a very precise Saab 340A simulation.

Meh the garmin is all but unusable. I'd rather fly radio beacon to radio beacon than figure that thing out.

Much agreed. What makes this aircraft really fun outside of some of the more unique programmed systems is the need to be around and actually DO something while you fly. Yes, it has autopilot, but you need to watch those waypoints along the way! The RMI becomes your friend.

Meh the garmin is all but unusable. I'd rather fly radio beacon to radio beacon than figure that thing out.

Much agreed. What makes this aircraft really fun outside of some of the more unique programmed systems is the need to be around and actually DO something while you fly. Yes, it has autopilot, but you need to watch those waypoints along the way! The RMI becomes your friend.

Yeah, I'm tired of punching in a few buttons and letting the plane do the rest.

It's not in the 340A. It's not in this aircraft.

You'll have two things to help you out here:

1. A pretty manual to teach you about the autopilot and some of it's unique functions.

3. A pretty manual to teach you how to fly like the real guys do without the GPS.

And guess who's typing them up!

:-\

Hey Goran, are you sleeping at all?  :P

The Saab will perform great on my new PC. I am really looking forward to it.

I had a great sleep.

The date was August 28th, 2010.  Granted, I fell asleep at my desk and woke up in bed, but it was a glorious 8 hours in dreamland.

Other than that, I don't think so.

:P

So, are you guys just doing the manual or is coding still needed?

A little bit of coding is left.  Maybe a day or 2 worth of work.  I'm still doing the manuals.  I wasn't happy with the format of the originals so I started them again.  But not from scratch.  I took all the parts of the original manual and put them into the new format.  Still working on charts and different descriptions of the charts and flying conditions (100+ pages...fun reading).  I'll be doing another 3 manuals on each area of flying.  Takeoff, Cruise and Approach & Landing and then fix up the checklists.  All that shouldn't take me more than a couple of days.

So, are you guys just doing the manual or is coding still needed?

A little bit of coding is left.  Maybe a day or 2 worth of work.  I'm still doing the manuals.  I wasn't happy with the format of the originals so I started them again.  But not from scratch.  I took all the parts of the original manual and put them into the new format.  Still working on charts and different descriptions of the charts and flying conditions (100+ pages...fun reading).  I'll be doing another 3 manuals on each area of flying.  Takeoff, Cruise and Approach & Landing and then fix up the checklists.  All that shouldn't take me more than a couple of days.

It sounds pretty close!!!! ;D ;D ;D Thanks for re-doing the manuals to make them better. This will probably be the first plane in X-Plane that I learn completely from start-up, to take off, to cruise, and to approach and shutdown. Good luck on the manuals and good luck, Theo, on the coding.... :P