Saab 340 sound in replay?

Fabbseh

I have read that there is no sound in replay due to plugins etc. I wish i knew that before buying it since i bought it to make videos.

Anyways, have anyone found a workaround for this? I guess the only way is to record the sound while flying and then try to sync it, but i would like the sound coming from the cabin, it's a shame really cause the sound in the 340 is supreme!

If you have any ideas please share them and help me out! 

Other than that, what a fantastic aircaft.

Cheers 

/Fabian

Fabian, the Saab uses an earlier version of the soundExtreme® sound engine.  The current development version of this sound engine does allow for custom sounds during reply mode; however, it would still be up to the developer (LES) to ensure the sounds are calibrated properly for reply mode.  What this means for you is that replay sounds will probably make it into the Saab at some point but not until an updated engine is available to them.  The sound engine is developed by the IXEG team and so probably won't  be available to LES for a few months yet.

TomK

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick answers!

More time for me to learn the plane properly then i guess :)

Il have to figure out a way to record the sound during flight and then try to sync it up with the replay in sony vegas, a lot of hazzle!

Can't wait for the sound to work so i can show of this wonderful plane to the world!

• 1 year later...

After buying the thing, I just noted this problem. Not good at all, as I really want to make videos using replay. Is there maybe a way now to have the sounds on replay? At any rate I will ask some videomakers, and see if someone wants to tell me.I will report back.

Due to the nature of the custom systems in the Saab, as well as the current sound engine, some sounds will not work in "replay" mode.  The only workaround is to do your video recording during normal flight.

Edited by JGregory