Dash 8 Q400

Jack Skieczius

Just waiting for Frontier to finally decide to fly to KCPR from KDEN...then I could really fly on one of these bad boys. Granted we've been waiting since Lynx / Frontier bought Q400s for CPR DEN service. The old United Q200s just aren't as much fun :)

Wings and engines are looking sharp!

Cheers

Alex

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Been some time sine i actually modeled the parts in the images bellow but i decided to render em up.

The gaps will obviously be filled in in the future but the panels are pretty much modeled and ready for texturing.

Again, this was done like tow months ago, and wont be getting its final touches for another month or so. not till the exterior is finished for the most part.

post-746-131369575148_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369575164_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369575181_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369575201_thumb.jpg

I am actually surprised how big the glare shield really is. Otherwise you seem to have it pretty much down.  obviously it could change with the seats in, but it seems a bit to big and roomy. The real thing is so cramped that the jump seat is part of the cockpit door.

Are you going to get all of the systems programmed like in real life (A La CRJ)?.

Been having such a nice holiday vacation sine i got over having bronchitis. Been having such a great time intact, i was able to refine my texturing skills, which i would say have been pretty lacking to date.

So, textured up the Right Engine Nacelle and i hope its satisfactory.

The default livery will be Flybe as you can see from the pics bellow.

post-746-131369575217_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369575246_thumb.jpg

post-746-131369575276_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing. I'm reallllly looking forward to flying this plane around - the Dash 8 is one of my all time favorite aircraft to play around in.

Are you planning on doing systems as well?

(I'd offer programming help, but I've never done anything in XPlane, and don't know C =/ )

Looks amazing. I'm reallllly looking forward to flying this plane around - the Dash 8 is one of my all time favorite aircraft to play around in.

Are you planning on doing systems as well?

(I'd offer programming help, but I've never done anything in XPlane, and don't know C =/ )

Thanks,

As for systems, i plan on doing as much as i can system wise. the Q400 doesn't have a complicated EFIS setup like some other planes so that should make is straight forward. The FMC is another things all together, were programing is not my strong suite, i can dabble in it, but i cant and wont promises a feature rich FMC at this time, but it sure is on the back of my mind all the time.

so in sumery, she will have all the EFIS pages, but maybe not a FMC, but the future can change things fast, so keep checking back in.

Wow, that fuselage looks more detailed than the a380, you're doing well ! Hehe. I think that one Nacelle is prettier than any of that 380.

Thanks. Yeah, texturing like I have there takes time and effort, something not many people like to put forth. It is easy to think of it this way tho, the more time and effort put in the more likely you guys are to buy my product, hence, more money. Its a good trade off and will allow me to make a stunning product for you all to fly.

Thanks. Yeah, texturing like I have there takes time and effort, something not many people like to put forth. It is easy to think of it this way tho, the more time and effort put in the more likely you guys are to buy my product, hence, more money. Its a good trade off and will allow me to make a stunning product for you all to fly.

Excellent work.

If you want to impress the FS9/FSX converts then you need high quality textures (with normal maps).  Flat boring textures just wont cut it anymore!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...