My bugs in 1.0.2

nopixar

May I just say thank you for such a superb aircraft...Im actually here from p3d/ PMDG etc yet since your 737 I haven't been back yet :)

Here is a list of things so far I've found. Hope to help make your product better.

*Maybe its a classic thing but in the Descent forecast page the winds section doesn't accept flight levels...360 has to be typed as 36000 or it comes up as 360ft

*When I made some alterations to my STAR in cruise the speed commanded on the speed tape jumped randomly to .84 and CWS came on...p.s my destination airport was still 300 miles away:lol:

* When descending on profile there was a restriction of 220kts in the STAR and at the point the aircraft calculated to slow down (which was pretty far away from the restriction)..The vertical deviation magenta diamond then told me I was 1,000 plus below the profile...and as it slowed to the speed the profile came back...I always thought the logic of the bar was if you are on profile you are on profile, regardless of if you are having to slow for a restriction or not..should it not have stayed centered during the deccel?

*I use the NOAA plugin for weather...If i encounter turbulence when in VNAV climbing the aircraft doesnt try to hold the speed and it falls away slowly, turbulance was mild...in level change it is fine.

*Through pure forgetfulness I managed to start both engines with both packs on. Surely there shouldnt be enough bleed air?

*Is there anyway to smooth out some of the turns in the autopilot? Sometimes you have waypoint that is 20 degrees left or right and the aircraft does a 30 degree bank to get there..surely it should be more shallow? 15/20 degrees max?

* T/C marker doesnt dissappear when reaching crusie altitude

*Using PLAN on the first officer side stepping through the waypoints doesnt work unless you select plan on the captains side.

Certainly not unflyable but maybe some things to look for. Keep up the good work! Still hooked :)

Miles

Edited by nopixar

9 hours ago, nopixar said:

*Is there anyway to smooth out some of the turns in the autopilot? Sometimes you have waypoint that is 20 degrees left or right and the aircraft does a 30 degree bank to get there..surely it should be more shallow? 15/20 degrees max?

At least regarding the above item:

This may not be the solution you want, but you can set the maximum bank angle by clicking the square/diamond shaped knob directly behind the heading knob.  Full right is 30 degees maximum, Full left is 10 degrees I believe.  And the lines each demarcate 5 degree increments between those two extremes.  So if you want a smooth turn, you can pull back the max bank from 30 degrees to 20 degrees or so and you should notice a real difference.

Hi, and thanks for the great reports - everyone, keep em coming. We want to get this polished and gleaming. Some stuff might take a while to get to, but we catalogue everything.

• Descent forcast page is a placeholder and has no effect right now. More to come.
  • Jump to .84 is fixed in next update
  • A LOT of VNAV descent tuning yet to come - this is the stuff that will get fixed in that
  • Ok, will try to take a look - have to maybe get the NOAA plugin - but VNAV climb is using the very same logic that FL CHG is (with a different speed source, of course)
  • I think you would actually be able to, depending on environmental conditions (747s do, all the time, but with a stronger APU) - but it´s really tough on the APU :(
  • Future tuning
  • Future tuning
  • Known, will take a bit to fix

Cheer, Jan