List of fixes

Goran_M

Heading bug slightly out of alignment in some positions - fixed

HSI HDG bug and course bar "LOCK" at "0" after 1 rotation - fixed

Nose Gear not touching the runway - fixed

Manifold Pressure gauge slightly adjusted to be at least 99.9% accurate.  It was pointed out the gauge was not matching the sim figures in some positions. It was only out by about 2-4 in. Hg

Nose wheel steering slightly adjusted

Added an indicator in the Kollsman window.

If I've missed anything, this is where to post it.  Please feel free.

Goran

Fine tuned the airfoils in airfoil maker from actual airfoil figures.  Just a few things were changed to reflect more accuracy.

Fuel flow was adjusted to be within 0.5% to 2% accuracy (depending on altitude and how accurate the mixture setting is).

Drag co efficient was adjusted as the aircraft was flying a little too fast for it's engine settings.  The speeds are now within 1%-3% of chart figures (depending on altitude and how accurate the mixtures setting is).

The HSI and Storm Scope swapping is proving tricky since it's split into 2 separate obj files and the Stormscope is on a completely separate obj file.  Not to mention the Main panel being on yet another obj file.  So it's a "lining up" nightmare.

I also have to manually edit the code of 2 of the obj files after swapping the gauges since Blender is not exporting 2 dataref values properly in 2 files and I also have to manually enter the manipulator codes in the cockpit obj file after each export.

Who would think swapping 2 gauges over would cause this much drama.

:-\

I think I nailed them all.

Here's what's been fixed

ASI needle.  (continues past 200 but very slowly regardless of speed)

HDG Bug (Was not indicating correct heading when compared to GPS.  Fixed)

Directional Gyro not lining up with correct heading.  Fixed

HSI and Stormscope.  Swapped positions...Finally!

Indicator added in the Kollsman window.

MP gauge corrected.  Values were slightly off.

EGT fixed.  Values were slightly off.

Prop speed and feathering fixed.  Could not bring the prop pitch back far enough in some cruise settings.

Beacon light switch added.

Airspeed was approx. 6-10kts faster than what the charts indicated.  Speeds are now accurate to within 2%

Nose gear now touching the ground.

Looks better with the HSI and SS swapped.  :)

grab056.th.jpg

Add the temperature bug to the fix list. 

Temperatures of less than zero were showing up without the negative sign.

That has been fixed tonight.

Thanks guys for posting these bugs and emailing me about some of them.

I'm almost 100% sure we ironed out all the bugs out of this one and the updated files should be available soon.

I've had this aircraft for a while now and I must say after a few hours in the air and some cross-country flying I'm really enjoying it, great work as with the Sundowner.

It seems you have caught and fixed most things I noticed that could be improved. Besides possibly two things.

Control knob to adjust heading indicator to true compass heading:

Now I've not flown any Beechcraft in real life myself yet but shouldn't there be a way to adjust the heading indicator for gyro drift. I've not figured out how to do this yet in the Duchess so am I to assume that gyro drift is not modeled to the instruments? Or does the heading indicator simply automatically tune itself to the compass heading, if so I wasn't aware that was possible in real life for analog flight instruments? Would it be much work to implement gyro drift and add a third manipulator by the heading indicator to adjust it to the compass.

Clarity of the compass:

I find it very hard to read off the compass due to lack of markings on the compass ball, don't know if this is modelled by the compass in the real thing, if so I suppose that would be something I'd have get used to, but adding some more numbers to the compass ball would make it a lot clearer and faster to read off from.

I don't mean to go on about what may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I use X-Plane and it's flight models as a supplement to real life flight training so having all the instruments and flight models spot on (or as close as possible) is important to myself personally for those reasons.

That aside, as I said before, great job and I hope you'll continue to release such high-quality payware and keep up your high-standard of customer support for the unforseen future. I for one will excitedly be following any future GA releases you might make.  8)

StormyPilot.

I've had this aircraft for a while now and I must say after a few hours in the air and some cross-country flying I'm really enjoying it, great work as with the Sundowner.

It seems you have caught and fixed most things I noticed that could be improved. Besides possibly two things.

Control knob to adjust heading indicator to true compass heading:

Now I've not flown any Beechcraft in real life myself yet but shouldn't there be a way to adjust the heading indicator for gyro drift. I've not figured out how to do this yet in the Duchess so am I to assume that gyro drift is not modeled to the instruments? Or does the heading indicator simply automatically tune itself to the compass heading, if so I wasn't aware that was possible in real life for analog flight instruments? Would it be much work to implement gyro drift and add a third manipulator by the heading indicator to adjust it to the compass.

Clarity of the compass:

I find it very hard to read off the compass due to lack of markings on the compass ball, don't know if this is modelled by the compass in the real thing, if so I suppose that would be something I'd have get used to, but adding some more numbers to the compass ball would make it a lot clearer and faster to read off from.

I don't mean to go on about what may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I use X-Plane and it's flight models as a supplement to real life flight training so having all the instruments and flight models spot on (or as close as possible) is important to myself personally for those reasons.

That aside, as I said before, great job and I hope you'll continue to release such high-quality payware and keep up your high-standard of customer support for the unforseen future. I for one will excitedly be following any future GA releases you might make.  8)

StormyPilot.

Gyro drift is not modelled on this plane.  I think the heading bug problem you are experiencing is something that was my fault when animating the panel.  The keyframing is slightly off (by about 2-5°) and has been fixed.  It now follows and lines up with the correct magnetic heading.  This is completely automatic and there is no adjustments needed.  To program a true heading requires plug in work as magnetic variation varies with your position on the earth on the latitude.  You could always allow for this using a WAC and adjusting the heading bug on the HSI.  I know at around 133°S latitude, the magnetic variation is about 12°.

Regarding the wet compass, I'll talk to Theo and see what he can do about making bolder hash marks.

Thanks for your comments.  Our next project will either be the 747-200 or Saab 340.  We're working on both at the same time so we'll see which one gets done first.

Goran

Seeing as gyrodrift isn't modeled the readability for the compass isn't as important then, not to worry, though some longer lines for the halfway points between N W S E or something might make it quicker to read. I find the width of the lines good as they are, it's just that it was a bit hard to count the number of lines quickly, so mid-point lines or some such as mentioned above might help with that.

That Saab looks promising, and the queen of the skies looks really nice as for a change of pace from GA flying.  :D

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to Cameron a few days ago.  He does have the update files and hopefully they will be up this week.  Cameron has been very busy with the release of Javiers Mentor and some other things as well and being a 1 man operation, his time is limited. 

When the files have been uploaded, Cameron will let you know, either in an email or in these forums.

G