Whats up with NorCal

mikced

Been a while since we heard from you regarding the release of NorCal. Just out of curiosity and a very humble and hopefully relevant question. Why wasn't the setup/download tool worked on while the scenery was actually on the drawing board or even later while it was created. That way perhaps it would have been out much quicker. Just a thought.

Hope to get my hands on NorCal soon

Mike   

I know that this is at the top of X-Aviation's priority list now. There were several other projects that needed to be done in front of mine, and a lot of work that had to be done prior to the Oshkosh show. I'm as excited as all of you to have this released.  :D

I don't know all the details of what has to be done since that is all being developed by Indi and Cameron. However, an entirely new backend is being built to handle simultaneous downloads and give the best customer experience for downloads of this size. I believe it is in the final stages of development now. A lot of $ and time have been spent on the product itself as well as the purchasing/download engine.

In addition to the whole NorCal package, it is also being divided into smaller scenery areas which can be purchased separately, so the packaging and methods used to support sales of all these products has to be developed. NorCal is one product, but it is also 26 separate products  :o . Add Oahu and Reno in the mix and that's 28 products to be released nearly at the same time.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=917.msg7618#msg7618

There was also some custom work to be done on the transparent roads and also bridges which added to our development time.

Thanks for your patience everyone! Until it is released, you can enjoy the galleries posted on RealScenery.com and imagine flying over these areas with the awesome aircraft released by the other X-Aviation/X-Pilot developers.

Eric

RealScenery.com

• 2 months later...