Crazy Altimeter

Frankenscence

Hello, I am having some issues with the altimeter.

I'm currently using 9.60rc2.

When I have gone to adjust the barometer setting, the altimeter has repeatedly jumped to an altitude of around 78,000ft. This has occurred in the ground and in the air, nowhere near that altitude. The readout is the same as the screen shot Stormy Pilot provided of his broken altimeter. http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=1028.0

What's even more interesting is that all of the other planes I've flown like the default 172 and several Pipers from Jason Chandler all show this same altitude whether I started flights on the ground, or started in mid air. The default Cirrus Jet shows around 28,000ft on the ground.

The only way I've been able to get the altitude readout back to normal, in all of these planes, was to delete my X-plane.prf and X-plane-BINARY.prf files.

I hope someone can look into this; working altimeters can be important

Only problem is that I've been through that several times, it reappears when I try to adjust the altimeter setting.

I've probably deleted my preferences about four times.

Also, if I have a fresh set of preferences and I adjust the altimeter setting in any of the other planes I use, the problem doesn't re-surface.

Wasn't this already identified as the altimeter bug in the C152? Just don't turn it directly on the cockpit instrument. Use hardware (buttons, keys) to do it. And downwload the "VisualAltimiter"-Plugin to alway have control of your baro settings. In any plane, with qnh.

I haven't found any posts that describe this exact issue. Could you tell me where that post is?

In any case using keyboard keys works, thanks.

EDIT

I guess Stormy Pilot's list talks about this bug, but I framed my issue a bit differently. From what I can tell he didn't connect the problem with manipulating the barometer setting with the mouse.