INSTALL ERROR

adderdance

Hello

I just purchased SkyMax Pro v2.  2.11 And after I downloaded and tried to extracted with a unzip program I get an error. 

Please respond within 24 hours or I will be contacting my Credit Card company and having these charges removed as Fraudulent. 

Regards

Romolo Perriello

post-25312-0-95954500-1442115847_thumb.j

Edited by adderdance

Am I being dramatic?  Due to the fact that I purchased something online from a company that I am not familiar with yet and then download the product only to find out that

it does not work?  I exchange very personal information, my credit card, home address, phone #.   I do not think that is dramatic.  When I order a product, I expect some 'hick ups' and updates 

(I should know, I am a Quality Assurance Engineer)  but I could not even download the product?   

Listen I do not want to come across on a bad foot here, I have been flying sims for years, and I recently switch over from FSX SE because I felt Xplane 10 is a better product, especially how realistic it looks.

However, the one thing that was missing from the default XPLANE are the clouds are horrible.  So I had read many positive reviews on your product, and I was hoping this would solve my dilemma and make

my switch of from FSXSE (Steam Edition) worth it!  I truly believe that, Xplane will over take the FSX user base in the next couple years, because the products and adds on are better.   I might even have ideas on how you can win over users like myself, who used FSX and to pull them over to Xplane products, but that is a different conversation.  

Now having said that, this might be an easy fix for you guys, but I did not get an email from anyone 13 mins after I emailed you.  Could you please resend and we can clear this up?  

Thanks

Rom

PS it was late when I did download your product, so I might have come across as a bit harsh.  However, I would like to have this issue fixed, so I can see the results and both parties will be happy. 

Edited by adderdance

Check your spam box for the reply. But to re-answer your question, unzip the files. You're trying to run the installer from within the zip (which also means you DID download the files unlike you state). Don't run the installer from within the zip.

Yes, you're being dramatic. Especially for someone who says they read reviews from real users. Obviously it's real.

Issue has been resolved.   Thanks for your response.  However, we can differ on whether I was being dramatic.  It sure got your attention didn't it?

Now let's see how good your product really is and what everyone has been talking about.  (Crosses fingers)  And if you want to know the secret on how to get more people over to Xplane from FSX, please email me.

Thanks

Rom

Edited by adderdance
  • Downvote 2

Issue has been resolved.   Thanks for your response.  However, we can differ on whether I was being dramatic.  It sure got your attention didn't it?

Now let's see how good your product really is and what everyone has been talking about.  (Crosses fingers)  And if you want to know the secret on how to get more people over to Xplane from FSX, please email me.

Thanks

Rom

The only thing in this thread that indicates that you are a "Quality Assurance Engineer" are the words "Quality Assurance Engineer".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How did I know my own words would be used against me Ben?  The fact that I wrote this thread and found a problem with your install, (which did not have accurate install instructions) only proves that I am a good QA Engineer. (Perhaps you can include "Dont run the installer from within the zip folder", on your products manuals next time.  I have run many programs this way without any issues. But not with yours)

But I just installed your product and well, it is not even close to REX4 Textures or Opus weather Engine.   The clouds are decent, better than Xplane default, but needs work.  A lot of work!  (All you really need to do is watch Youtube videos on what an amazing job Reed Stough and Tim Fuchs have done over at Rex.  

Nice try!  (You can roll your eyes now. )  

Edited by adderdance

The fact that I wrote this thread and found a problem with your install, (which did not have accurate install instructions) only proves that I am a good QA Engineer.

Weird. I wonder why the common man can install no problem, and you can't. Oh well. I guess when one out of thousands doesn't get it it's no biggie! :)

(All you really need to do is watch Youtube videos on what an amazing job Reed Stough and Tim Fuchs have done over at Rex.  

They did do a great job! They also didn't do what SkyMaxx Pro does when it comes to rendering (especially for X-Plane). But, that said, this product is not to compete or be a copy of REX. The approaches are different. For us, we are sticking with the solution that professional sims are using (SkyMaxx Pro is built off of SilverLining, which is also used by the likes of Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and more).

Nice try!  (You can roll your eyes now. )

Just made me laugh. :) Honestly, no offense taken at all. At least you've had the opportunity to compare and decide a different route is for you. Go enjoy your hobby, and have a wonderful day!