The Official X-Plane Version 9.0 Video

lupineproductions

This video was commissioned by Laminar Research to premiere at the Osh Kosh Air Show last year in their booth. I was quite flattered they asked me after having seen some of my work on You Tube. There are no visual effects in this video whatsoever, everything you see is from X-Plane. Only audio was sweetened. Turn up your volume and enjoy. Some of my favorites are: While going through the airport, you can hear the announcement for the "white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers..." Between flying, filming, replaying the flights, filming the replayed flights, editing, sweetening, etc., this took about 4 weeks of full time work. I have a collection of flights that were not used in the film which I may make available some day for others if they wish to make their own films. I hope you enjoy the video. Feedback is always appreciated and welcome. Thanks in advance. Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great video! I can see this as being a good movie to show at a booth like I'm sure Austin had. It really shows off a lot of what the sim has and can do. I loved the scene of the 747 departing with the birds just in front of it.

I notice your username here says "lupineproductions." Are you in the video editing profession for a living?

Hi guys: Forgive me as I'm trying to figure out how to reply on these posts. Cameron, I may have already sent you a message? In answer to your question: Yes! Among the many things I do, being a filmmaker, photographer and editor (and pilot) is what gives me a certain advantage in terms of having a unique perspective on camera placement, etc. I'm working with Austin in trying to develop some user friendlier tools to make filming less challenging. For example, I had to fly the helicopter from the "outside" to get some of the shots I got. In addition, I love having the cars driving by in the background, sadly, during replay, the cars DON'T MOVE, at least not in the current version. So I have to shoot the scene from the outside of the aircraft while flying from the outside of the aircraft and do it "live" so the vehicles are moving in the background. I will also be trying to see if we can get a Playstation type controller to be able to use it to control the camera movements. Right now, using the arrows is much less than precise.

Indi: It is amazing how much audio will add to a production. So turn up the volume and go for it.

I will be producing some additional films for them and I am looking forward to the new version, new planes, new add ons, etc. I will be putting the call out to developers if they want to submit various planes, textures, etc. More to come...

Thanks for the kind words.

Paul

P.S. Hopefully, all this posted in the proper place...