SkyMaxx Pro has gone downhill since release?

Just have to appologies to all english speaking members in here, togeather with my phone`s autocorrect (tends to switch to norwegian where to means two)so my english is not always correct. However I do know the difference between calling someone stupid and label something as stupid. Touchy people do not which is understandable.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tom Knudsen

Fair enough, I surely can't speak two languages fluently :)

I still don't completely understand where you are going with the graphics sliders but thats not the important topic here.

What really matters is that John looks to have got SkyMaxx's visuals going in right direction again, thats all that counts!

• Upvote 1

Nitpicking silly little things while providing very little of value on a regular basis however is what I would define as stupid, and that fits you to a tee.

"...on a regular basis?" What are you referring to? I've looked through my posts and I see predominantly helpful and courteous responses. I did not call Tom stupid. I said it made the post look stupid. Maybe stupid is the wrong word. Regardless of your command of the language, when a word is incorrectly used it makes the post look silly and takes away from the meaning of the post. I think we've all, at one time or another, been the victim of bad auto-correct or "fat fingers syndrome. Nobody is immune to typos. With that said, I too appreciate Tom's posts along with all the other non-native English speakers' posts.

Edited by ointment

I am so fast using English which is my second language that sometimes I am having a  hard time understanding what I wanted to say.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news John on SkyMaxx Pro development direction, thank you.

I pretty much can not imagine flying without SMP anymore, really. :)

Cheers, AJ ;)

• Upvote 2

That looks pretty good, did you edit the wispy textures to get those effects?  

We are currently taking a very sofisticated, new approach to SkyMAXX.  We do not look at REX much this isn't our goal,  but we are looking to add those finer details and more randomness in the future.....

On top of that we are hoping to improve on weather representation and cloud formations......

And other top secret and super cool stuff.... :ph34r:

• Upvote 10

That looks pretty good, did you edit the wispy textures to get those effects?  

We are currently taking a very sofisticated, new approach to SkyMAXX.  We do not look at REX much this isn't our goal,  but we are looking to add those finer details and more randomness in the future.....

On top of that we are hoping to improve on weather representation and cloud formations......

And other top secret and super cool stuff.... :ph34r:

Topsecret, I like that !

JohnMAXX for president ! lol......

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to finish off this thread by thanking to John and Sundog for SkyMaxx 2.0

In only a few months the quality of my virtual aviation has advanced significantly thanks to SkyMaxx 2.0 and I can now confidently say SkyMaxx has improved significantly since release.

SkyMaxx is looking more beautiful and running with higher framerate than ever before, I couldn't be happier!

It can be easy to forget how much things have changed (same settings, same computer):

post-832-0-03355700-1397660033.png

post-832-0-51760100-1397660200.png

2.0:

h08Kc4I.jpg

woLeNhO.jpg

AdEenC3.jpg

• Upvote 5

I'd like to thank John as well. Bought Skymaxx when it first came out earlier this year, and have been in utter awe since then. Sure, there was room for improvements, but John  and the rest of the XA team really blew any possibilities out of the water with SkyMaxx 2.0. Looking forward to all your future products, John. You've got a loyal customer here! 

17bddh.jpg

2hnwflv.jpg

2da0o6a.jpg

65909d.jpg

9strfs.jpg

1410115.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looking forward to all your future products, John. You've got a loyal customer here! 

Thanks for the comments, Oliver! I just wanted to jump in and say let's not forget Frank (Sundog), either! He's done a stellar job supporting this product and keeping customers informed on issues or how to fix them, and I truly appreciate that. He's a total pleasure to work with alongside John!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the comments, Oliver! I just wanted to jump in and say let's not forget Frank (Sundog), either! He's done a stellar job supporting this product and keeping customers informed on issues or how to fix them, and I truly appreciate that. He's a total pleasure to work with alongside John!

Definitely! Funny enough, I looked his company up on Google and found out that his office was less than a mile from the campus of my university... small world!  :)