What did you fly today?

Maxime

Check that Sky! Skymaxx Pro with "true blue high contrast". It produces a really nice pinky colour at early sunset.

In the foreground I have Melbourne International with some great HDR lighting. Since 10.25 X-Plane has been running so slick :)
y1zQxR1.jpg

1kXiQqZ.jpg

0IwEXn9.jpg^There's the pink :)

wgo14TB.jpg

^Look at the freeway tracing back to the city of Melbourne with skyscrapers in the background

O88pyqs.jpg

93hsFbn.jpg

94i3na8.jpg

YRfcGpk.jpg

nGzc6IT.jpg

• Upvote 10

Hi, guys!

Today, I'm orbiting around the earth in the x-15 rocket airplane at the altitude of about 1,200,000 feet or about 227 miles above the earth's surface! I got the picture of the Aurora Borealis from that high in x-plane! Please see attached! How high to the Aurora Borealis from the earth's surface? I know I still see the Aurora Borealis in the sky above the airplane flying at 40,000 feet. So why the Aurora Borealis seems to be below my spacecraft when I'm in orbit 1,200,000 feet or about 227 miles above the earth's surface? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

post-13279-0-00337400-1387421394_thumb.j

Edited by Vinny003
  • Upvote 1

Check that Sky! Skymaxx Pro with "true blue high contrast". It produces a really nice pinky colour at early sunset.

In the foreground I have Melbourne International with some great HDR lighting. Since 10.25 X-Plane has been running so slick :)

^There's the pink :)

^Look at the freeway tracing back to the city of Melbourne with skyscrapers in the background

Wooow these are amazing

• Upvote 1