What did you fly today?

Maxime

Several ways. Either start at CYYC Calgary and travel the 5 miles on 078deg to YYC VOR and then travel 85nm on heading 185deg, where you then need to look around. Or you can cheat and just put the heli where mine is on the map.

The mountain shows up as pure white at night time, so just adjust Date/Time to night and it'll be fairly obvious. Then change back to daytime and carry on.

Hey, UH60, I just realised you're in the land of the BK117 owner! Congrats. How are you finding it?

post-3907-131369604965_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I love that bird.  Doors are super-easy, and making it the 2D pit was quite clever on Nils' part.  Some of the liveries I have downloaded are extremely good-looking *cough* the ones you made *cough*.  A few issues, but I haven't dived deep into any reading files that came with it so the answers should be within (I also haven't really looked at your tutorial, I hope to get around to that today).  I just start at CYSW and fly south-east, knowing that it is on the south face (Tip-Don't look for the rescuers on the north face-they aren't there).  Having the beacon visible at night also helps for a night rescue.  I know the PDF attached with the scenery says don't try a night landing but I think I just have to try it.  (I'll have NVGs, and take my time in a brightly-painted helicopter if it helps)

I don't have a screenshot today, but I just upgraded my system a little. I went from this setup

EVGA nForce 780i

Core 2 Quad 2.8GHz

8GB DDR2 RAM

to

Gigabyte PH67-UD3

i5 2500K 3.3GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

I kept the graphics card the same. It's a GeForce GTX 275 896MB RAM

A GTX570 and the new mobo/CPU/RAM is about the same price, so I had to choose which path to go first. But then I realized I don't have a big enough power supply, so I chose the setup I installed today.

On my old setup, I could get about 30fps on Honolulu Intl. with Realscenery and the Duchess in the 3D cockpit. Airport detail, texture quality, AA and Anistropic filtering is set to maximum.

On the new setup I easily got 45-50fps with the exact same settings, plane and view. External views tops at 60fps (due to vertical sync). I'm super happy with that! Expect a video (featuring Hawaii and AirTrack on iPad!) in near future. :)

I upgraded too, two weeks ago.

Vista Ultimate 64bit

ASUS Rampage Formular III

E8500 @3.6GHz

4GB 1066DDR2

Zotac GTX260c216 AMP2

to

Win7 Professional 64bit

ASUS P8P67 Pro

i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz

8GB 1333DDR3

MSI GTX570 TwinFrozr II (aaarggs! and now they have an TwinFrozr III available  >:) Card came about 1,5 weeks earlier, so no chance to return it).

But sadly XP9 doesn't profit from it at all.  :D

I'm getting about the same FPS (80 while flying, 35 on ground at EDDM apron 3), but instead of using 2 cores to 100% it only uses 1 core width 100%. 3 others are idle, or doing other little things with 2-3% load.

The only real advantage is that the loading time of XP9 has been reduced from 3-5 minutes, to only 30 seconds or so (not measured, just a feeling).

I really hope, that the buildings are not drawn by the CPU again with XP10 or the system will be a "total waste of money" considering XP. I mean, shouldn't i get at least more FPS on airports? The new card has 2-3 times the power of the old one, and still only getting 5-10% more FPS  :-\

At least, the CRJ will run perfect...

And concerning the topic: Flying a lot with the MU again. Had to declare "Pan Pan" yesterday near EDDS since FADEC wasn't working on right engine any more. Was like flying with crosswind all the time. Having independent throttle leverlers would helped, but since i got a X52 Pro it synced both engines over and over then i changes the throttle.

I really like how you have to correct a lot this little baby when landing. Not like those 738's that need nearly no input to land.