Professional Flight Planner X - PFPX

jimbim

Hello,

as many of you might already know, the amazing flight planning tool "Professional Flight Planner X" http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx/ was released during the last days.

Today, my favorite Aircraft (Of course the CRJ2 :-) is not supported yet. So I wanted to ask if someone created already a profile for that flight planning tool.

Maybe JRollon has planned it on his own,

In general, creating the aircraft config file seems not to be very difficult (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/72210-creating-a-new-aircraft-type/), however it is impossible for me to gather al the required performance values.

Greetings,

Sebastian

I think, flight planning and fuel calculation is not really dependent on the flight sim...

True .. but there's already some good free options available that do just what you say ..

And here's the reason (from the dormant Goodway devs), why one that intergrates with X-Plane would be most welcome ...

The first goal of GoodWay v5 is to provide flight planning for X-Plane 10 (and X-Plane 9).

Another important goal is integration with this fantastic flight simulator.

This is why this new version comes with 2 parts: the plugin (GoodWay On Board) and the standalone program (GoodWay Alone).

Here is what you will be able to do the plugin:

• Create flight plans manually. - can do this in Plan-G
  • Modify your GoodWay flight plans.
  • Follow your flight live on a map. - can do this in Plan-G
  • Display the navigation data from the X-Plane database. - can do this in Plan-G
  • Program your Flight Management System (FMS).
  • Submit your flight plan to X-Plane Air Traffic Control.
  • Tune your radios on the navigation frequencies of the flight plan. - can do this in Plan-G with
  • Submit your flight plan to the XQuawkbox world wide network.
Edited by Kris Pryo

Ointment .. I haven't heard anything from Goodways .. I quoted from a blurb on their web site which has been up for donkey's ages.

My point though, was that having a flight planner that's integrated into the sim is actually a good thing IMO.

I don't own Goodway .. but it does have a rep in the X-Plane world, just don't think that it works in XP-10 anymore (until or if 5 makes an appearance).

Edited by Kris Pryo

I personally do not know if Goodway is better as PFPX or the other way around.

What I can say up to now is that PFPX is the software I want to use for the future from what I have seen till today.

The only remaining thing that stops me from buying PFPX is the missing support for the CRJ2.

@frankbyte: How do you use it without a CRJ2 profile?

I guess my biggest gripe, and why I won't support this flightplanner, is that they don't mention anywhere about how it can be used in conjunction with X-Plane.

Why in the world would I support 3rd party addon software that won't officially acknowledge that their product will work with X-Plane?

I simply won't ... and certainly not for the price they're asking!

Now ... if the planner stated that they supported X-Plane .. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, because I (in common with every other dedicated X-Planer :)), have a vested interest in seeing X-Plane grow.

Edited by Kris Pryo

I personally do not know if Goodway is better as PFPX or the other way around.

What I can say up to now is that PFPX is the software I want to use for the future from what I have seen till today.

The only remaining thing that stops me from buying PFPX is the missing support for the CRJ2.

@frankbyte: How do you use it without a CRJ2 profile?

Hi jimbim

There is really no comparaison, believe me. PFPX is hundreds time better and can do a lot more, from what i saw in a preview for Goodway. Your should ask in the support-Forums how to deal wit the CRJ2. I didn't flew it since the tool came out. I am flying for now the A320, B772+B773, x737 and B727. And of course i am waiting for the FF757 and b733...

Edited by frankbyte

Hi Kris

As we already wrote here, PFPX supports the X-Plane-Format, so that you can export the flightplanes. Why do you make a flightplanner dependant from any simulator? A flightplan will be the same for each of the sim u are using. And if the parameters used for any aircraft are different from the one in XP, you can fine-tune the values by yourself, so that for example the predicted fuel-flow fits to the one of your plane.

I guess my biggest gripe, and why I won't support this flightplanner, is that they don't mention anywhere about how it can be used in conjunction with X-Plane.

Why in the world would I support 3rd party addon software that won't officially acknowledge that their product will work with X-Plane?

I simply won't ... and certainly not for the price they're asking!

Now ... if the planner stated that they supported X-Plane .. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, because I (in common with every other dedicated X-Planer :)), have a vested interest in seeing X-Plane grow.

Edited by frankbyte

I don't own Goodway .. but it does have a rep in the X-Plane world, just don't think that it works in XP-10 anymore (until or if 5 makes an appearance).

I haven't tried the plugin, but you can still use Goodway to do your flight plans and export them to your FMS folder and then load them into your

FMS by clicking on the "Load" button in V10 or V9.7.  You can even load flight plans into the GNS430 by mapping a "Load" key in the Joystick and Equipment menus.

Edited by ointment