Ramzess' B77L?

Ahmed

Hey!

So, I'm buying Ramzess and Phillip's B77L very soon.

I'm wondering if the aircraft's performance are accurate on the performance charts supplied with it..?

And PLEASE, I need someone who has planned a flight from A to Z before starting X-Plane using these performance charts, please dont answer if you just "Read" that its accurate or sth..

*I use X-Plane 9*

Honestly I lost some enthusiasm with this add-on the moment I started smashing into basic FMS programming bugs. VNAV problems are there, as well as other more detailled regarding engine performance, derrated thrust, etc....

I also pay attention to details like there being no influence of the use of TAI / WAI on engine performance, problems with iddle N1 readings when an engine fails (important for inflight restart if possible...), even the apparent problems with CoG that make the main gear look like it's always in the air :-/

I have embraced X-Plane 10 for good, and left behind P3D, but there is yet to come an aircraft comparable to the level of quality that for instance PMDG has given it's users! I look forward for the announcement of their first aircraft for X-Plane 10. I also look forward for the upcoming 737 from X-Aviation :-)

My oppinion - the WL 777 is too expensive for what it offers right now.

Edited by jcomm

Honestly I lost some enthusiasm with this add-on the moment I started smashing into basic FMS programming bugs. VNAV problems are there, as well as other more detailled regarding engine performance, derrated thrust, etc....

I also pay attention to details like there being no influence of the use of TAI / WAI on engine performance, problems with iddle N1 readings when an engine fails (important for inflight restart if possible...), even the apparent problems with CoG that make the main gear look like it's always in the air :-/

I have embraced X-Plane 10 for good, and left behind P3D, but there is yet to come an aircraft comparable to the level of quality that for instance PMDG has given it's users! I look forward for the announcement of their first aircraft for X-Plane 10. I also look forward for the upcoming 737 from X-Aviation :-)

My oppinion - the WL 777 is too expensive for what it offers right now.

My question was about PERFORMANCE:

-Fuel

-Climb performance

-Step Climbs

-..etc

Also, I dont really care about gears animation and other exterior 'things' in the plane.

It wasnt the answer i wanted but thanks anyway :)

What do you mean by "performance"? The real world aircraft performance? Assuming you are talking about the sim, it is modeled extremely close to the real thing. 90% realistic systems or something. I have completed many flights in the aircraft, a very enjoyable experience. Not a real pilot or T7 expert, but it's safe to say that this is the most realistic aircraft in terms of systems. Fuel burns accurately, climb perf is well modeled. The FMC will calculate if the route is long enough to reach the cruise alt for over 10 minutes, and will calculate if the weight of the aircraft is light enough to reach it. Step climbs are included, if the selected SID requires it (or you can manually enter).

• Upvote 2

I'll give it a test, maybe this weekend, and will try to report back.

That's interesting. But how will you test the plane ? Did you already choose the conditions ? What will be your weather (& winds aloft), payload, cost index, etc...

Harry, you say it's too expensive for what it offers. OK, but then what do you think about the features and prices for these FS2004 add-ons ?

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/744.html

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/md11.html

That's interesting. But how will you test the plane ? Did you already choose the conditions ? What will be your weather (& winds aloft), payload, cost index, etc...

Harry, you say it's too expensive for what it offers. OK, but then what do you think about the features and prices for these FS2004 add-ons ?

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/744.html

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/md11.html

PMDG Payware is very overpriced also.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, we'd like to think the Saab will be on par with a PMDG product.

:P

Goran, many of us are patiently (and might I say, quietly *suffering*), waiting for the release of the SAAB. :lol:

Actually, I wish there was a pre-pay option @ X-Aviation ... that would make it feel a little closer.

Pre-payment options would bind us to a deadline for sale, like every other corporate entity that sells you buggy crap because the calendar says its time.

Not necessarily so. There are other transaction models that work.

But definitely, as the vendor you do have to operate with a framework that suits you (x-aviation).

Consider that the saab has been in development for three years and was probably projected to be a six month project when it was started and pre-payment starts to look about as appealing as off milk.

Perhaps one day when we're all working at this full time with the overheads of life well taken care of we might consider it....

• Upvote 1

The R+P 777 is not all that accurately simulated. Not a 80 dollar add-on in my opinion.  A lot of corners were cut on the systems and considering what I have found in short test flights I am not going to waste my time doing a long test flight for step climb performance.  Sorry I value my day off from work more than that.