Pride Air (A new virtual airline)

Patrik Hedström

Hey everybody I want to create a new virtual airline called Pride Air, to start the airline I would need somebody to make the livery's.

Pride Air info:

Bases:

KMCO/MCO

CYUL/YUL

KATL/ATL

Fleet:

Airbus A330-200RR

Airbus A330-300RR

Airbus A340-300

Boeing B757-200RR WL

Boeing B767-300RR

Please give me your opinion on my new virtual airline.

Edited by Erik Winter

Why on earth would I use a payware fleet? That means that some people would have some planes that others would not. In my airline I want all my members to have the same fleet.

Because many people only want to fly their payware planes. So excluding them from flying the planes they enjoy  will probably lead to failure.

Others here may feel different but I am not joining a VA that I can't use my crj in. 

I fly in two VA's using the PMDG NGX but people have the option to use freeware planes as well. 

Edited by mike10

I have flown for Air Northwest Virtual Airlines for 6 years and I've owned it for the past 4 years.  Air Northwest is one of the longest running VA's for X-Plane on the net today.  We've got the most diverse fleet available, ranging from the 1930's to present day.  We have subsidiary airlines in Alaska, the Caribbean and South America.  We have Sockeye Airways that specializes in float planes.  We have the Tuna Works Museum that flies rebuilt warbirds.  We have over 250 aircraft to fly.   You MUST fly an Air Northwest aircraft if you want Air Northwest hours.  We don't allow any "outside" aircraft.  How else can we maintain and support our aircraft if we don't all fly the same planes?  We have agreements with all of our aircraft developers that allow us to keep them up to date and flying to specifications.  If you want to fly your payware, we encourage you to do so.  You just won't get any ANW hours for it.  When was the last time you heard of a United Airlines pilot bringing his own plane to work?  

Good luck, Erik.

Edited by steven winslow

I have flown for Air Northwest Virtual Airlines for 6 years and I've owned it for the past 4 years.  Air Northwest is one of the longest running VA's for X-Plane on the net today.  We've got the most diverse fleet available, ranging from the 1930's to present day.  We have subsidiary airlines in Alaska, the Caribbean and South America.  We have Sockeye Airways that specializes in float planes.  We have the Tuna Works Museum that flies rebuilt warbirds.  We have over 250 aircraft to fly.   You MUST fly an Air Northwest aircraft if you want Air Northwest hours.  We don't allow any "outside" aircraft.  How else can we maintain and support our aircraft if we don't all fly the same planes?  We have agreements with all of our aircraft developers that allow us to keep them up to date and flying to specifications.  If you want to fly your payware, we encourage you to do so.  You just won't get any ANW hours for it.  When was the last time you heard of a United Airlines pilot bringing his own plane to work?  

Good luck, Erik.

Maybe it's different in X-plane VA's but all of the big MSFS VA's allow you to fly payware as long as it's what the real airline flys..   I fly for http://www.swavirtual.com   WN flys the 737 so I can choose any of the payware models or they have some  freeware WN 737's  that many of the pilots fly that have older systems and or don't want to buy the IFLY or PMDG 737

I also fly for  http://www.virtualunitedairlines.org/ and Same there as long as it's in the real airline fleet you can fly it. 

So if I started a virtual southwest va for X-plane why would I exclude the IXEG 737-3  when it comes out.   ( granted it's configured a lot different than a WN 300 but still)  My pilots would be thinking HMMMM  I really would like to be flying my ultrabadass IXEG 737-3 but no I have to fly a freeware one?????  

Sorry makes no sense to me.

Edited by mike10

Well the new website is now up and running and I'm hoping to get the first livery's this weekend. Could somebody please give me the links for the Boeing B757-200WL RR and Boeing B757-200WL PW of X-Plane Freeware? Since I'm banned I can't have access to them and I need to put the link on my website.

http://prideair.webs.com/

Edited by Erik Winter

I'm just trying to support your decision to not allow payware.  I think control over the fleet is essential.  

I am just curious if you have a VA that has for a fleet  737's and 747's for example why would it be important to exclude a payware 737???

It really makes no sense to me,   I would have flown exactly zero flights for  swavirtual if they excluded all the payware 737's.  The way I see it as long as it's a model of plane you allow who cares if everybody in the fleet has the exact same one.

Yeah if I try to file a pirep using a airbus 320 at a swa va yeah that will be rejected obviously but who cares if a pilot uses brand x,y or z 737

What if somebody releases a awesome payware 757 for X-plane will the payware 757 be excluded???   and if you do exlude it don't you think your pilots will be thinking " wow I really would like to be flying my awesome new payware high fidelity plane I just payed 80 bucks for" How long do you think they are going to continue to fly for you? 

Maybe my point of view is different because I am just starting to experiment with x-plane but do my VA flying on MSFS where the difference between the top quality payware and freeware is HUGE..  After flying the NGX I could never fly a project open sky or any other freeware one.  

I think the people who never got into PMDG, level D or flight sim labs  tubeliners in msfs will understand  when the IXEG 737 comes out. One you have flown high fidelity it's hard to go back.  

Edited by mike10

Because its not fare for the people who don't have the PAYWARE version.

If they have a freeware version then why does it matter that some people are using a payware one.  

If pilot A has a free 757 he is happy with and pilot B is a systems junkie or prefers the flight model of a payware 757 why does it matter to pilot A that pilot B is using a payware one..  they are both getting credit for hours.  

What will happen is Pilot B will leave your VA

Your seriously limiting the growth of your airline by excluding people, I know there is not many good payware tubeliners for X-plane right now but that is changing..  IXEG plane looks awesome, PMDG is converting over at least one plane and I am sure there will be others. 

I am flying for one of my VA's right now..   UAL363 on vatsim  KBOS-KIAD in the NGX    

Edited by mike10