Fly-In's maybe?

Patrik Hedström

So, where will the riff-raff go if there's no Org? Here? Long live The Org I say!

Between The ORg, PilotEdge, the various VA's etc, there are quite a few fly-ins going on around the place.

How about something a little different? I'm thinking something like X-Mission (maybe not as prescriptive) - flying with a purpose. Something like each week attending to some global emergency where people fly-in in a selection a appropriate aircraft, drop food/dump water on a fire/perform air-rescue etc like a virtual United Nations effort. There's often some real-life emergency somewhere around the global that the mission could be aligned with. Earthquakes, hurricanes, floods etc.

I even have a suitable theme shoud I need it :)

post-7835-0-49979000-1356742998_thumb.pn

Although I hope it happens, I agree that there is a slim chance that the .org will collapse anytime soon in this decade. 

Go to the rant section for this kind of talk, please. 

The .org serves a tremendous purpose to the X-Plane community and I do not hope it disappears. While I do not agree with the tactics of the owner and operator, I believe the community itself is valuable.

• Upvote 3

We're going to start promoting the Friday fly-ins on PilotEdge on the home page in the near future, but feel free to start doing your own. PilotEdge supports voice CTAF, so you can choose between towered or non-towered airports, or a combination of both.

Pick a time that works, publish it, fly it....see who joins in. It only takes a few people for it to be fun, but it's also helpful to work out the level of realism you plan on using, how much flight planning will be involved, etc. The DTP guys actually meet on their TS3 on Wed to plan a route for the Friday flight. I don't attend due to time constraints, but I try to show up on most of the Friday flights and join in, putting together a flight plan about 45 seconds before the wheels up time. So far, so good :)

.. and remember. Whomever makes a 64-bit plugin for online multiplayer first... wins.

=)

I just got the Windows 64-bit plugin working for PE. Onto the Mac build next.

That said, I think the decision has been made to use another network (and I think it's the right decision) for the fly-ins.

Edited by Keith Smith
  • Upvote 1