Misc WIP Shots

chris k

Dear Santa,

I am beginning to get angry. Being confined to my XP9 environ, I really long for an upgrade. Please, Santa, go argue with my SO and the kids and the mechanic and the bank etc. I really deserve the upgrade.

Cheers,

Mike

PS: Dear Chris, just give me a shout when your employer dumps a new MP on you, so I can recycle your old box. Maybe an 8-core for you? 

PPS: Luvley work. When you get bored with Australia, NZ is quite close...

Edited by Mike Hotel

Sorry - it'll be a No to v9 for now as Im using 4k x 4k textures (XP10.10 or better support those now).

I can cut them into 4 tiles @ 2048x2048 if I feel up to it down the road... now that you mention it, yeah I should do that... Make Happy Happy Joy Joy for those v9 users like Mike =)

- CK.

Yep they do. I do a trick in WED to split 1 tile into 4 smaller tiles all the time. While retaining their relative positions within the grid.

Allows me to take 1 tile at 4k x 4k and make 4 tiles at 2k x 2k. Thus I don't lose any resolution nor have to down sample the ortho texture.

It s a neat trick, and yields great results. Still have to do some image processing in the background to make it all fit properly, but it's a straightforward operation.

• Upvote 1

Oops! Almost forgot the most important thing in this scene - The Coffee!!!

732_53.jpg

^^ Totally Canadian, eh?

Model by Skyflyer! - EDIT: Ignore the ground texture - it's purposely "low rez" in this area. (since you're not likely to be at street-height in your airplane along Derry road..... unless you're Andrzej)

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 3