Dude, there's a helicopter on my lawn

OlaHaldor

Allright, I was up very late last night, so I didn't wake up until about 1300-1330 sometime today. And when I woke up, I was in shock. My heart was pounding, the house was shaking and there was an unbelievable noise outside. Then I suddenly recognized the sound. "HELICOPTERS!!  :P" and I rushed to the camera bag, and then to the window. I expected to see 4-5 military helicopters. They fly through this valley from Ørland Flystasjon, a military facility housing a SeaKing, a bunch of F16 fighters and a few other helicopters. But it was nothing like I expected.

But what I saw was this guy coming out. They had landed a helicopter 10-15 meters away from the house I live in.

_MG_4129.jpg

I rubbed my eyes like "wtf? is this true?" and went to put on some clothes to get a better view at the bird. And yup. There it was. Just around the corner..

panorama1.jpg

You can see the entire series of photos here: http://www.olahaldor.net/fotograf/1001la/

Hey, weren't there some more posts in this topic? I feel sure that it has already been explained that the helicopter was there for medical purposes. I also seem to remember that there were more pictures that weren't posted for the benefit of the one involved. Am I making this up?

I believe there was an additional post from Ola, however it appears he has decided to delete his own post for whatever reason. You're allowed to do that on your own will in some categories here...

Hey, weren't there some more posts in this topic? I feel sure that it has already been explained that the helicopter was there for medical purposes. I also seem to remember that there were more pictures that weren't posted for the benefit of the one involved. Am I making this up?

Generally posts are deleted for a reason, whether it be by the poster or a moderator. Coming back and essentially re-posting it doesn't do anyone much good. A simple "Weren't there more posts here?" would have been sufficient.

Generally posts are deleted for a reason, whether it be by the poster or a moderator. Coming back and essentially re-posting it doesn't do anyone much good. A simple "Weren't there more posts here?" would have been sufficient.

I don't think Garrett meant any harm, Kaphias. Most forums don't allow self deletion, and it would be rather peculiar of a moderator to delete the post in question, so I can see the cause for concern on Garrett's part. Either way, I'm sure Ola has his reasoning for deleting his own post. It may well have to do with respect to those involved.

Best,

Cameron

I don't think Garrett meant any harm, Kaphias. Most forums don't allow self deletion, and it would be rather peculiar of a moderator to delete the post in question, so I can see the cause for concern on Garrett's point. Either way, I'm sure Ola has his reasoning for deleting his own post. It may well have to do with respect to those involved.

Best,

Cameron

No harm meant, just wanted to pass on a lesson I'd learned the hard way. :P

That's right guys. I had written a post, the information was wrong, so I deleted it. :P

I know more about the situation now. The ambulance picked up a guy who's heart had stopped. And on the way to the hospital he went into a coma. They stopped outside my house to cool his body to make the heart stabile, and they considered to take him to the hospital with helicopter. Why they did not, I don't know.

I know he's alive, but not well. I know his sons, and I feel really bad for them. I can only imagine how they must feel.