Fokker F-100 Project

Michael_Chang

So now that the 787's been rooted, it's time to post here about my second project, the Fokker F-100

This project is a non-conversion one, 100% modeled and textured by me (so far)

the model is a little more polygon-heavy than previous planes (767) and will feature a full cabin but no 3d cockpit.

the plane will be distributed in two versions, the fokker 100 with Stairs, and the Fokker 100 with gate doors. release date is estimated around the same time as the first 787 (december)

Constructive criticism and improvement-needed areas are encouraged

Background of this project:

I was looking through some of my older files, and i realized that we don't have a good F-100 for x-plane! that plane has always been one of my favourites, because of it's shape and simple design, so i decided, i'll make one, it'll be a great chance for me to venture further into the world of modelling and probably improve my eye-to-detail. Either way, the plane currently needs LOTS of work, but hopefully things will go well!

post-8539-0-06980100-1347660330_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-47213300-1347660337_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-50365000-1347660385_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-18928700-1347660393_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-83427500-1347661755_thumb.pn

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 2

Damn, Michael...you're FAST!

I'm still surprised you could model the 787 up to the point that you did, and then just dump it without even worrying about it...and then knock this model out in a few days!?

more than a few days, more like a few weeks! i started this project the second week of august, the 787 is still under development at the same time, with the Qatar livery getting it's finishing touches to both the objects and the paint and the other three liveries getting new texture maps

Your widescreen area is coming along nicely......try and get rid of as many triangles as you can, it will help with textures :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

thanks for the advice! the texturing of the nose is already done, we did take out a lot of triangles already, and reached the conclusion that without the current amount, the actual surface of the plane gets a little bumpy, we are continuing our struggle to reduce polygons though ;)

I think the radome of the real plane is more "bulbous" for the want of a better description. You can see it in your first side-by-side image, but it's even more obvious in side views.

i know! i've been editing the radome significantly, and although it isn't perfect yet, i've almost got that bulbous shape correct

Okay, so I just consulted some more images, and the innaccuracies of my Fokker are atrocious! So i've taken it on me, to completely re-do the interior and exterior portions.

New windscreen location

higher windows

bulbous nose

moved nose gear position

A current shot of how the innaccuracies are being addressed. this system works quite well, as long as you know the viewing angle of your camera

post-8539-0-24635500-1348612577_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-34730000-1348612588_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...